2. Too late

"Don't catch me, I might fall."

* * * * * * *

Natalia Zimmer Yushkova

Scanning the room, I quickly saw my spouse with none other than my bestfriend Ariel. From afar, you can observe that they are such a great pair. of Leeches.

Devon, as always, looks dashing in his three piece black Armani suit. He's such a good looking man in my eyes even up to now. No one can compare to him. His firm body and cold aura added to his oozing appeal.

Clinging on his left arm is Ariel who wore a white evening gown in contrast to her dark alter ego. I smirked at the sight. They didn't even wait for me

Busy, busy, busy, are we Ariel?

Victoria is on his right side and smiling like a goof to please everyone her husband and son were talking to. On my mother-in-law's right side is Euro who was talking with other business tycoons.

A happy family indeed.

I looked past them and finally saw the apples of my eyes. The Zimmer family.

Making my way to them, my father already saw me.

"Little monster, I've missed you." Daniel, my dear father, uttered while hugging me tightly. I've missed him so much. My mother was no more of this world but I've never felt incomplete having him as a parent.

"Piglet!" A brunette Adonis-like man joined the family hug. He's my big brother, Jake, a bachelor but not a womanizer. He's a one-woman man just like my father.

"You're skinny. Are you eating?" Jake voiced out, scanning me from head to toe.

"And you're nearing your thirties, when can I have a niece or nephew? Don't worry I'm on a diet." I said in one breath and winked. My brother zipped his mouth with my first argument.

"Where's Devon?" My father asked, changing the topic. I just shrugged and got a drink from one of the walking servers.

"That scum!" Jake hissed looking beyond me. I don't need to see who was at the receiving end of his cold stares.

The leeches.

I just smiled full of warmth. By the boost of the alcohol drink that traveled through my throat, I felt a little bit courageous for the good show later.

"I don't mind." I flatly said to them. My father looked at me knowingly and seemed to understand what I was communicating.

You're absolutely right father. I already came to my senses.

Devon and I had an arranged marriage. My father planned it because of my big infatuation with my husband. The Yushkova unfortunately agreed to the arrangement since my family's company is such a big catch.

We have a technology and systems company. Currently, we are at the top and hoping for the years to come, too.

Sadly, I didn't know any hacking techniques since I was on the artsy side of the spectrum. I wasn't able to study the intricacies of systems and hardwares because my emotions clouded my sober mind three years ago.