40. As One

A/N: Here you go... Second upload for the day. <3 Happy weekends!

Love lots!

#######

The room was awkwardly silent.

"Cat got your tongue, Boy?" The old man uttered chuckling.

"Come on. Be a gentleman. Give her a seat." The grandfather ordered.

Hearing this, Alexander absent-mindedly offered the available seat next to him.

"Thank you." The woman softly said. She turned her head to the young gentleman and gave him a lovely smile.

The old man laughed as the young man was still in awe. "See? My discernment never fails me."

The young woman laughed along.

"Master Flint. So, they are your family?" The woman smiled thinking how surprising things turned out.

"Sorry to keep you in a blur. Yes, and my full name is Logan Flint Gates." The master grinned sheepishly at the pretty lady.

Flint was the well-known artisan of his time. His first occupation was cut short as he decided to take a risk and founded the Zion Company. After establishing the business, he let his son, Timothy, to run and expand it as he envisioned.

Then, he finally put up The Flint jewelry shop as a hobby. Though after a decade, he suddenly closed the business because of his illness. Fortunately before it happened, he already passed on his knowledge to a young apprentice, who at that time has a lot of potential yet has a stubborn mind, his only student---Natalia Zimmer.

The beautiful and brainy young lady came to his shop and showed some of her designs. In his delight, the lady was interested to be his apprentice in jewelry making. He thought that through her, his legacy and his love for the precious stones will live on. And he didn't make a mistake on choosing her.

"You must be his lovely wife, Mrs. Gates?" Natalia asked in an awestruck tone.

"Indeed. And may I say, you're charming as what my husband described you to me." Mrs. Gates replied looking at the lady with tender eyes.

Natalia shyly thanked her. She then looked at the younger couple who seems to be in shocked with her presence.

"Timothy, Priscilla. Nice to see you again." The young woman greeted.

"Natalia, dear. This is a wonderful surprise." Priscilla responded and held her hands.

"I was amazed, too. I never thought that Master Flint is a very prestigious man." Natalia stated with an admiring tone and look at the old man.

"More prestigious than me?" Alexander, who has been quiet at the side, finally spoke and gazed at Natalia. He held her hand and kissed it.

"Slow down, boy. I never thought that you would be this bold towards my student. You'll gonna scared the girl away." Flint scolded his grandson and glanced at Natalia with worried look.

Alexander smirked. "Won't happen, grandfather. She's already mine." He raised Natalia's hand and everybody saw a ring.

"The red beryl..." Flint's face was full of confusion.

"My fiancée and the woman whom you're talking about...is none other than Natalia. She's also the one who requested about this stone." Alexander simply explained as he look at the ring over the woman's hand and circled his thumb over it. His grandfather deeply exhaled at the revelation.