14. Shabby

A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.
-

Marilyn Monroe

#######

Yushkova mansion

Natalia entered the gates and made her way inside the mansion. As usual nobody paid respect to her. After entering the main door, she saw the ever loyal old maid of Victoria whispering something to the old madam. The old woman looked at Natalia disgustingly.

"What are you doing here? Impudent girl!" Victoria shouted in an accusing tone.

'Ah. So they saw the scene on the cameras already.'

The younger woman walked towards Victoria.

"Mother, what're you talking about?" Natalia innocently asked.

"They said that you've come here with a different man and gone intimate with him!" Victoria accused.

"Oh. He's a friend of mine. And how intimate are we talking about?" The younger woman calmly explained and turned to the old maid, Zuzu.

"You kissed him!" Old maid Zuzu stated.

"Alright. Where?"

"His cheek!"

"Isn't it normal with friends? A peck on the cheek cannot be called intimate between friends." Natalia responded casually.

"Cheater." Old maid Zuzu retorted.

'Oh no. You don't...'

"Aren't you stepping out of the line Ms. Zuzu?" Natalia asked the old maid.

After saying that, Victoria came closer to her. "Don't change the topic, you scandalous girl!"

"Alright. So let's talk about more of cheating, mother. Do you want me to invite Neero?" Natalia uttered whispering the last word to the older woman.

Victoria's face became red as a beet wondering how did this woman knew about him. She tried to calmed herself.

"Invite who?" A man's voice questioned. The three women turned their heads.

"Father. Come join us." Natalia said looking at a panicked Victoria.

"It's nothing dear. We're just talking about the invited guests at the Zimmer grand ball." Victoria quickly covered.

Natalia winked at the old woman. "Also, we're discussing an important thing."

"What important matter?" Euro Yushkova curiously asked. Victoria's face became pale at the words of Natalia. She couldn't say anything.

"Ms. Zuzu here seemed to be forgetting her place. She didn't greet me anymore and treated me like a stranger. I felt disrespected, father. But maybe because her old age made her like this. That's the reason why I still tolerate her all this time." Natalia explained.

Euro glared at Zuzu. He's a person who distinctively separates the upper class and the lower ones.

"It's..it's not true Mr. Yushkova." The old maid countered.

"We can always watch the cameras." Natalia suggested as she looked at the maid. Zuzu became pale as well.

"Forgive her, Natalia. We all know that she's already old." Victoria replied helping Zuzu out of the situation.

"Yes mother. That's why I proposed a recommendation earlier." The young woman said.

"Which is?" Euro considered the words of Natalia. It seemed fair to him.