13. Alexander Gates

"The plan of destiny to us..
Why does it seem like there is still chance?
There's clearly none, but maybe..."
-TJM

#######

Alexander's POV

The moment she entered the banquet hall, the night of the anniversary celebration, she had caught my eyes. Not mainly because of her looks but because of her graceful yet ferocious demeanor. And her eyes speak for it.

It's interesting to watched how the woman shut the world behind her as she walked towards the bar and taking the seat beside me. It fascinated me...the way she coolly answered the bartender on what drink she would have. She had the guts to point at my direction. No one ever did that to me. Pointing a finger on me, I mean.

I heard my assistant, Sergei, asked if he needed to make the woman go away but I said, "No need."

I watched her sat down while she thought of something and offered my drink since it seems she didn't know anything about consuming alcohol at all.

"Taste it first." I simply told her and she took my glass and sipped it until the last drop. Then she laughed a little. It's enchanting.

I picked up the new glass of wine that the bartender gave her and drank it in her place. 'She's had enough', I thought.

I heard the emcee announced something then the stunning woman stood up and moved forward shaking her head because she's going back to the reality she has.

Then I knew from that moment that I wanted to protect her. I needed to defend her and hear the musical laugh once again. But, dang.. 'She's taken.'

After contemplating, I stood up and have sensed something's not right. I saw two servers awkwardly walked towards the cake's direction just behind her and the woman in white. I strode forward sneaking through the crowd to check and caught her falling body right on time.

I wanted to snatch her away and make her the happiest if she would want me to. But I can't.

"Careful." I told her...thinking of the people that are plotting against her.

After the commotion, she went out of the hall and my feet willingly followed her.

The stillness of the night suited the woman as she quietly stared at the black horizon. I wanted to know about her and the people whose hurting her. I will make her free.

--------------

After few months, an invitation was sent from the Zimmer company and without much thinking, I made a word that I will make an appearance. Such a fool.

I saw Natalia again with a lovely gown, which in my eye's delight, hugged her well-defined feminine features. As I scanned more of her, I saw her arm linked with the liar whom she doesn't deserve. I was raging inside but kept it for the right time.

The night went on and I heard her name called for the auction. I was contemplating if I will bid or just continue to enjoy my wine. I was avoiding to look at her but to no avail, I was still hypnotized. After hearing bids after bids, I just can't let her be with another man. I casted a little amount of money and rightfully, the auctioneer ended the bidding. I'll have Natalia for the night.

------------

Up until today, my assistant has done a great job on doing the right things even the ones that I didn't tell him to. Sergei efficiently gathered information about the Zimmer and Yushkova families;  had ordered my private investigator to aid Natalia on extracting some clues and intel concerning her marriage and other things and  also followed my orders to used my two voting rights as the chairman of the board of Zimmer company and let Jake Zimmer remained as the president of the company.