44. Surprises

(EDITED)

A/N: I'm sooo gonna miss you guys! <3
But still, enjoy reading.. love lots!

The whole gossip circle was shock at the news about a certain royalty who got pregnant out of wedlock. The Institution forbids that kind of occurrence.

Inside the Yushkova mansion, Duchess Ruth became furious as she read a letter from the Palace. It says that she had been stripped off of her title and was banned from entering the Palace grounds.

Additionally, her parents were demoted and the clan cannot rule for three generations.

"Gaaahhhh!" The duchess torn the paper. She cannot accept this kind of fate. She tried to call the Prime Minister but she couldn't get through. She tried and tried but the line became inactive later on.

Her reputation was ruined and she cannot go back to the Northern continent in the near future. The duchess face was contorted as she has to live with this nasty family and endure for a longer period.

She closed her eyes in frustration. She's trapped either way and she cannot do something about it because she's currently powerless.

On the other side of the mansion, Victoria also received the news about the duchess. She sighed as the woman was now without worth and will be another burden for the family.

After preparing, Victoria planned to go out for shopping. She needed a dress for the upcoming dinner party hosted by the Gates family. Everyone was excited because this is the first time that the prominent family will hold such a social gathering.

The Gates are known to be a private clan and the business world was astonished that they will finally open their doors to the outside world. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity thus she needs to present herself in a very classy way.

Before she even stepped out of the bedroom, Old maid Zuzu brought in a tiny black box.

"Where did it came from?" Victoria inquired and looked at the box.

"Madam, it came from The Belle Shop courtesy of the Gates family." The old maid responded politely.

"The Gates surely live up to one's expectation. They're very generous." Victoria praised.

"Indeed. Word says, that every woman who was invited received a customized jewelry."

Victoria nodded in satisfaction and was amazed by the ornamental piece. It's very captivating.

#######

The sun was about to rise and the quietness of the surroundings can make one to fall asleep continuously.

Alexander opened his eyes and sensed that his wife was already awake but still lying beside him. Her back was facing him and her silhouette was soft and alluring. He kissed her bare shoulder and asked, "Babe, what are you thinking?"

"Angel..." Natalia responded absent-mindedly and continued staring at the windows.

Hearing this, Alexander spooned her and just waited for his wife to share her thoughts. He noticed that she's not crying compared with his previous experience.

"I dreamed about my angel. We're both happy and finally at peace. My angel already said goodbye and told me not to weep anymore..so I didn't." Natalia smiled and turned her head at Alexander. Her tender eyes exploring deep within him assuring that she's fine as what she had told.

Her husband gave her light kisses on the face and a lone tear escaped her eyes but it was a happy one.

"I love you." Alexander uttered affectionately then impend over his wife.