5. CEO

"Wife..." Devon said in a hushed tone.

The lightning illuminated his condition. His formal maroon long-sleeved shirt hugged his upper toned body emphasizing his broad shoulders. His usual combed-back hairstyle was a little bit drenched. And his face has an unfamiliar five o'clock shadow on it.

Natalia took a step back. "What are you doing here? How did you---"

"I'm one of the investors of Zion Suites.. and I have my ways, Natalia." His voice sounded dangerous like a hungry leopard and he said her name with a hidden craving.

She sighed looking at the man. She wasn't that heartless to let a person stay drenched and become sick eventually. Frowning, she switched on the lights and unwillingly let Devon sit on her grey-colored sofa.

Devon watched her quietly while drying his hair. He just looked at Natalia entering one of the bedrooms and came back with a clean towel and a large white unisex t-shirt which she laid beside him. His wife went to the open kitchen and prepared a hot drink.

Natalia set the mug on the coffee table beside the sofa. A chocolate aroma filled the living room. She noticed Devon stood up and unbuttoned his shirt exposing his muscle-filled chest. She gawked at his bare upper body and quickly averted her eyes away.

Devon chuckled as a pink pigment graced her cheeks. He straightened his back and towered over Natalia.

"Remember, this is all yours, my wife." Her husband whispered to her ear as he completely took his t-shirt off.

Natalia instinctively retreated. 'Danger zone.'

She simply watched as Devon changed his clothes and gulped the hot drink simultaneously. The new t-shirt hugged his body really well.

"Please leave." She said to him carelessly because she didn't want to be distracted anymore. 

'And it's really getting late.'

To her surprise, he obeyed and looked at her with a smile of triumph before exiting the unit.

Natalia couldn't comprehend what had  happened. Her heart was beating a little bit faster.

Just a little bit.

-------

Devon reached the parking zone and sat inside his car. He longed for her. He desired her to be at his side, on their bed and be one again with Natalia. But he decided to take it slow. He wanted his wife to trust him.

He looked at an envelope over the passenger seat with somber eyes. He stretched his hand and got hold of the document that says divorce.

Devon then drove away.

* * * * * * *

Early in the morning, Natalia messaged her father and brother to let them know she's fine. She also sent for Deedee to cook lunch as she started to catch up with the financial reports of The Bell Shop.

Natalia decided earlier that she won't be visiting the establishment to avoid any unplanned encounters and just settled to meet her CEO at the condo.