Chapter Seven

John came back to the diner the day after that and every following day for two weeks. Every day would be the same. He would sit at his table by the window and order a chocolate milkshake. He would follow Rose closely with his eyes waiting for any kind of slip up. Any signs of imperfection. But he left the diner every day simply feeling even more love for the brunette girl. He has become entranced and a little obsessed with the way she would slightly move her hips as she walked or how her hair would sway from side to side as she strolled across the diner. He couldn't help but admiring the way her dress was wrapped tightly around her hips that were just the right size. He has memorized every part of her body from the small birth mark situated at the bottom of her right leg that peaks out from the edge of her high heels and the multiple beauty marks covering her body.

Everyone at the diner were starting to get worried by his constant appearance. They were suspicious that he was here doing something bad but they couldn't figure out what. John even overheard someone say that they should call the police on him, that there was something wrong with him. Luckily, Rose talked him out of it. Rose was the only one who never joined in on the suspicion, yet another reason to love her. She said that judging by John's shaved hair he probably just came back from the military. This would mean that he was probably just lonely and trying to readjust to real life. Again, this was another reason to love her. She observed and tried to find an excuse for his odd behaviour instead of jumping to conclusions like everyone else. John couldn't really blame the rest for being worried tho. He knows that he must look very suspicious and if he were in their shoes he would probably also think that he was weird. He would probably jump to conclusions like he's here to kill someone and is trying to observe the schedule in order to find the perfect time and place to do it without getting caught or he was trying to rob them and again was trying to find the best time and place to do it. Therefore, he hoped that he could find something to hate about Rose soon so he could go home and stop worrying all the employees.

After the first week Rose started joining him throughout her breaks. John was hesitant to let her at first not wanting to get too attached to her but then realized that this was the perfect opportunity. If he couldn't find anything wrong with her physically there must be something that he will hate about her personality. If there's one thing that he's learned through out his life is that people who are physically perfect usually have huge flaws in their personality even if they know how to hide it well. So, he let her sit down with him, and they would talk about whatever they could think about. He found out that she was a huge fan of reading and broadway shows and to make it even better she loved every single one of his favorite books. They would spend most of her breaks talking about book after book and they surprisingly always had the exact same opinions on every book, character, couple, plot, etc.

After a few days of conversations, he still couldn't find anything to hate about her. It was hard to hate someone who had the exact same opinions as you and so he knew he had to step it up a bit. Maybe if he were to aggravate her, she would show her bad side. He then started talking about his most controversial and risky opinions. All the opinions that he would never tell anyone scared that it would anger them and make them hate him. He was certain that this would bring out her bad side, and he could finally find her flaws yet she agreed with every single one of them. All of the opinions that people would never talk to him again for having she had them too. John had never met someone who has so much of the same thoughts as him. He didn't think it was possible to be so alike but of course she's proven him wrong once again. Of course, she couldn't of made it easy on him. Most the time John is able to find a million flaws on every single person he meets within the first minutes of knowing them. Sometimes it's the way they breath, the way they state their opinions too aggressively, the way they just read a book without analyzing every single good or bad thing about a character, the way they chew. There's always an obvious flaw to find on someone yet she had to continuously make it difficult.

John was getting in trouble now. He's observed and talked to Rose for hours and hours yet he still hasn't found one thing to hate about her. All this has done is make him fall madly in love with her. All he could ever think about is her. When he would sleep, she would be the object of his dream, when he would read she would be replacing every single female character, when he would go on walks or runs all he would think about was her and everything that he would pass would remind him of her. When he would pass roses, he would think of her, when he would smell vanilla he would think of her perfume, every time he would see a girl with brown hair he would imagine it surrounding her face instead and every restaurant he would pass would make him imagine her in her pink diner uniform serving tables. He couldn't believe how deeply he has fallen for her and how much he's going to screw his friendship if he doesn't get this under control.