Chapter Four: Recovery

Kade turned and was startlingly awoken by the sensation of falling through the air.

"Are you okay in there?" Cyril called from somewhere else in the small apartment.

"Just fine." Kade muttered, sitting up from where he had fallen off of the couch and onto the floor.

Cyril popped his head into the room, grinning when he saw Kade tangled in the mess of blankets.
Cyril's chocolate brown hair, which normally hung down around his shoulders, but was now up in a topknot on his head.

He currently reminded Kade of a house mother that would walk around in a robe and drink coffee out of a mug and watch the sunrise.
Especially with a pan of eggs in his hand and a wooden spoon in the other- currently wearing a robe untied over a white tank top and grey sweatpants.

"Time to stretch your legs little one, c'mon, get up." Cyril grinned, laughing a little at the sour expression Kade made.

"I'm not little-"

"Shut up and don't object." Cyril interrupted making Kade's mouth snap shut.
"Now hurry or you'll be late for school, your breakfast is already on the table."

"Yes mother." Kade snipped untangling himself from the floor to find he was in a large grey tee shirt, much like a dress on himself, and sweatpants.
He didn't remember changing, but he also knows Cyril wouldn't change his clothes, so it had to have been him in his drowsy sleepy state.

"Don't make me slap you." Cyril rolled his eyes when Kade stuck his tongue out at him.

Kade caught himself smiling at that, and turned his face so Cyril wouldn't see.

"You know you have a dimple when you smile." Cyril noted, nudging Kade in the shoulder as he passed him to get his plate of eggs.

"I'm aware." Kade muttered, not liking the fact nor how it was so noticeable.

"C'mon it's cuteee." Cyril droned on with the teasing.

"Don't call me cute ever again or I will take these eggs and shove them up your ass." Kade stuck out his bottom lip as Cyril merely laughed at him.

"Keep on threatening me little one, see where that gets you." Cyril flicked Kade's chin before ruffling up his already messed up hair.

"Whatever." Kade muttered gulping down the scrambled eggs to keep Cyril from pestering him to eat later on.

As Kade walked around the house, picking up where he guessed he discarded his clothes, Cyril called after him. "Take it easy on your wrist so you won't hurt it even more."

"Okay." Kade said before realizing how grouchy he was acting for no reason aside from the throbbing headache probably leftover from when Aaron pulled him to the ground.
"Hey Cyril?" He turned and poked his head back into the apartment as he had been walking out the door.

"Yes?"

"Thanks, for everything." Kade mumbled.

"Of course Kade, someone has to keep you alive after all." Cyril said, for once offering a genuine smile to Kade. "Now remember, I don't want you back at your apartment until we can make sure that Aaron didn't do anything to it, in fact, honestly, I'd rather you just move in with me where I can watch you and make sure you're getting enough to eat."

"Okay stop please, I don't want someone treating me like a little kid just because of an injury. I appreciate everything honestly, and I'll even move in if that's what you want because honestly, my apartment is in their territory after all, and-" Kade cut himself off before he could admit to being lonely, because that would only make Cyril push for Kade to make more friends.