Chapter Thirteen: Aquarium

"Where are we going?" Kade couldn't help but ask once again.
To which Calico laughed to himself and rolled his eyes, deciding right then to scare the shit out of Kade and stepped on the breaks really suddenly.

"Could you not?!" Kade protested as his hands were already death gripping the handles of the seat as Calico smoothed out the ride again.
"It's not like I don't trust you to drive but goddamn next time can we take my motorcycle."

"Absolutely not," Calico protested immediately, "that is a death trap waiting to happen. Remember the last time you drove a motorcycle with me on it? A guy assaulted you during a mission- and the time before that I ended up crowbarring a guy because you passed out."

Kade huffed, a small pout on his lip as the conversation died, because he knew Calico was right, and he didn't want to admit that.

"Don't get all pouty on me now Kyrell. You promised me I could go on one trip outside of the mansion for my birthday and this is my surprise to you." Calico poked Kade's shoulder to try to get his stubbornness to lift, though that in itself was a difficult task.

"I know, I just need to be prepared depending on where we go, for all I know it could be some rural area where someone is out to kill you because of your dad, or even me, and then it will be even harder to protect you." Kade pointed out as Calico pulled into a parking garage.

"It's nothing like that, we have a little walking to do, but that's it, promise." Calico assured, quickly finding a parking spot in the near empty garage.

The two tumbled out of the car, and Kade had to stop adjusting his pants when he caught Calico staring at him.
"What?" He said, defensively crossing his arms over his chest.

"You're not wearing your platforms today." Calico noted, glancing the short boy up and down.

"And?" Kade shrugged, now a little self conscious about not only the fact that he was wearing all black converse without any heel whatsoever, so he was stuck at the height of five five, but also insecure about the outfit he was wearing now that he knew Calico was paying attention.

He hadn't really been paying attention to the black ripped jeans with an oversized layered shirt, mainly going for comfort, and a flannel tied around his waist.

"I don't think I ever realized how small you actually are. Almost fragile." Calico admitted, though it made Kade scowl.

"We both know that I'm nowhere near fragile." Kade scoffed. He had an impulse to mess with Calico's hair as a way to get back at him, but there were two problems with that. One being that would make it a war between the two and Kade didn't want Calico to mess with his own hair. And two, as if Kade could reach Calico's head without scaling him.

"I dunno about that, you look plenty innocent when you're asleep." Calico smirked when Kade buried his face in his hand as a way to show exasperation and hide his pink turned cheeks.

"Just stop talking dumbass." Kade grumbled, lightly nudging him in the side with his shoulder.

"Aweee is the little boy embarrassed because of me?" Calico teased, catching Kade's fist when he started to raise it to lightly hit him again.
The two stopped walking down the street, Kade almost having to take a step back so his neck didn't bend so far back to look at Calico in his six foot one glory.

"I am not-" Kade started to object through gritted teeth before Calico's finger brushed over the top of Kade's burning cheek.
He cut off his own words, mouth slightly open in an o. His mind went blank for a second from the gentle touch, almost craving for it to happen again.

"So there is a mute button." Calico chuckled, releasing Kade's fist triumphantly, starting to walk again.

"I- that's not fair!" Kade protested, trying his best to let his face calm down to hide any emotions again.