Chapter Fifteen: Distance

Knock knock knock*

Kade rolled in his bed, head pounding and throat dry and body sore everywhere. He was used to activity, but not hangovers. He tossed for a moment before he realized a knock on his door is what actually awoke him.

Scrambling to his feet, Kade nearly tripped being tangled in all his blankets, unwrapping them from his limbs walking through the house, as he grabbed the baseball bat next to the door before opening it.

Calico stood on his doorstep.
A face he had come to the conclusion that he could no longer be around.

Not only was he no longer going to be doing Mr. Choi's bidding and was soon to be actively on the run from them, Kade wasn't even sure if he even felt that way towards Calico anymore.
Was he just desperate in the moment to be distracted from everything else that happened that day?
Was he just using Calico as a distraction?

If that was the case, then Kade needed to do whatever it was to stop.
Calico deserved better than Kade could offer anyway.

Maybe Kade was living delusionally trying to convince himself that he didn't have feelings for Calico, but it's the fact he didn't know for sure, and he would rather suffer himself and push him away before things got worse.

The fact Calico was on his doorstep meant things were going to get a lot worse.

"Are you okay?" Calico asked as Kade had been standing there silently for a couple moments trying to pull his head out of his ass.
"Zay told me you got drunk I just wanted to check on you because I know you don't do that often- and because . . . You know with what happened in the storage closet."

Kade's head pulsed, but not as bad as the spots on his neck, which he absent mindly touched at the reminder of their closet time.

"I guess I don't remember really what happened. Hell I don't remember coming here either." Kade admitted, raising his hand to gesture at his surroundings.
"Guess I got too overwhelmed and just let myself get carried away."

At that Calico smirked. "Oh I know, Zay has pictures of you on a pole. I didn't know your arms were strong enough to do that."

Kade's mouth parted as he sidestepped to let Calico inside the apartment against the wishes of his brain telling him to shut him out.

"I didn't either but here I am and I don't even remember it." Kade shrugged, the two of them settling down in the living area, Calico sitting on the couch, though Kade found it preferable to lay on the ground.

"Why'd you come here in the middle of the night to check on me?" Kade asked once his muddled brain figured out what he was trying to say. "You're not allowed to leave the mansion past eleven and it's like four in the morning."

"I wanted to know what Cyril told you."

At the name of his brother, Kade's jaw clenched, hardly noticeable, but one glance at Calico told Kade that he saw it.

"He uh. Why does it matter?" Kade tried his best to avoid answering the question. He didn't want to lie to Calico, but he also didn't want to run the risk of a mental breakdown talking about his siblings being held captive by Calico's own father.

"Kade you were really drunk." Calico paused, clearly trying to figure out how to continue his statement. "Zay said you told her something about Cyril, but she wouldn't tell me what exactly, just that you planned to leave the gang over it?"

Kade paused himself because he didn't want to unearth that topic.

"You shouldn't take Cyril so seriously." Was all Calico had to say before Kade reeled on him. "You don't have to listen to what he says. Or my dad."