Chapter Nineteen: New Years Concert

The next week after Christmas had gotten Kade's schedule in a whirlwind.

During the couple months where Calico and Kade didn't speak- to fill the little free time he had- Kade had started a little Instagram page where he posted small music videos under an account called ThePhoenix.
The catch was- he never showed his face in them- he always just had the audio with a black square covering the entire screen.

On one hand, it was to force the viewers to focus on the music alone, and not worry about the face behind it, but also on the other hand- Kade had done it to prevent Aaron from finding him somehow by looking around Kade's surroundings, had he not put a box in front of the camera.
Well, that didn't end up how Kade planned, because Aaron wound up finding him anyway.

But that was not what he was going to let himself think about right now.

Right now Kade had to focus on the fact that because his Instagram account boomed while he was in the hospital- growing to over a million followers and somehow, Billie Joe Armstrong found Kade's cover of- Peacemaker from the 21st Century Breakdown.
Not only that, but he invited Kade to be a special guest onstage for the New Years Bash.

So not only did one of Kade's favorite artists find him, and liked what Kade could do, but he wanted to play alongside with Kade, and wanted Kade to perform onstage on his own during one of the biggest concerts of the year.

The nerves and excitement Kade had running through his veins were worse than twenty cans of monster energy drinks. 
So to say sleep hardly happened- was an understatement.

He felt bad that Calico either was there with him in person, or on FaceTime with him every night, and Kade was accidentally keeping him awake.

He wasn't even sure why his anxiety about this was so strong, given he had tons of practice with the particular songs that he was going to play.

"You got this." Calico half laughed at Kade as the two pulled up to the stage, when he noticed Kade was air memorizing the guitar notes.

Calico bent down a little, making them both stop walking as he pressed his forehead into the shorter boy's, to get his attention.

"Hm?" Kade muttered, looking up into his eyes, his own eyes finally focusing on time on hand.

"I believe in you." Calico abruptly kissed Kade's forehead before ruffling his hair, making Kade laugh, shoving his arms away from his head.
"Go gettem tiger."

"I will I will." Kade assured him, waving him off so he could slip backstage.

The next couple hours were a blur even faster than the past week.

Firstly, meeting Green Day in person was an experience so surreal, Kade wasn't sure how he was going to be able to play with them onstage in front of thousands of people.

Secondly, Kade was going to be brought onstage during the song 'Phoenix' which he would sing with Fall Out Boy- because that was the name Kade used on Instagram that everyone knew him by.

Thirdly, Kade had no idea they were gonna put him through hair and makeup and outfits.
They messed up his hair even more than normal, giving Kade a more grunge emo feel, as well as put stage makeup and eyeliner on him.

In a couple of minutes, Kade stood there in his normal shoes, with loose black high waisted punk cargo pants, paired with chains dangling from his belt.
The part Kade wasn't so sure about, was the dark grey crop top tee shirt hoodie. While yes it highlighted his toned stomach- that even Kade had to admit looked good like that- he had always been self conscious about clothes that showed his stomach.