Chapter Twenty Two: Memories

It was odd.

This was very much unlike Calico to go more than twelve hours without so much as sending Kade a text message.

Part of him couldn't help but wonder- was Calico ignoring him now that they did that? Had Calico just been messing around with Kade's emotions on purpose to get what he wanted from Kade?

No.

Kade had to remind his doubtful subconscious that Calico wasn't like that- that Calico wouldn't toss Kade aside once he got what he wanted like so many others had. Calico was better than that- that much was blatantly obvious even with the way Calico treated a passing stranger with nothing short of kindness.

But Kade still hurt from the empty silence he had been getting from Calico.
It was normal for Kade to not text so much- but it wasn't like Calico to at least not be active in their messages sending memes or videos for Kade to silently watch.

He sat curled up on the sofa in an overly large hoodie of Calico's- watching the embers of the fire in the fireplace sputter pitifully out- desperately trying to not think about how it was almost morning again without a word from Calico since he left the hotel he told Kade to stay at.

Kade wasn't able to sleep a wink due to the anxiety this was giving him. Maybe he had simply gotten his phone taken away- or lost it knowing how fickle minded Calico could be sometimes.

Even then- Kade doubted the fact that Calico wouldn't at least visit personally to tell Kade his phone was misplaced so he wouldn't worry.

But Kade had to trust Calico.
He shoukd be able to trust Calico to take care of himself when Kade wasn't around. He was a fully capable adult after all.

Nonetheless, it was agony waiting to hear back from him.
And yet Kade didn't.
Not the second day either. Nor the third.

On the fourth day of Calico's disappearance, he was tired of pacing that hotel room and asked his siblings to see what they could find out.

It was like Calico didn't exist at all from what they could find. Not even Lance could break completely into the Choi's information to find so much as Calico's birth certificate.

Whatever the case- Kade couldn't sit still anymore.

He was going to break into the one place he probably should never even step foot into.

Kade waste anymore time to think about it as he slipped into clothes from a couple months ago- a longsleeve black shirt with a padded vest constructed to withstand sharp objects with a hood- leather leggings and fingerless gloves- his normal platform shoes- paired with one of his plain black masks to cover his lower face.

He was going to break into the Choi Manor.

It really wasn't that long of a walk- especially because Kade took the rooftop route where there weren't any cars or trash bins trying to trip him.

Absentmindedly he wondered if anyone heard him everytime he jumped from one roof to the other- but given he could hardly hear himself- he figured nobody could hear his occasional scuffle of a shoe.

In a matter of minutes Kade made it to Calico's house.
Ideally- he would just jump into the yard from his current place on the rooftop and hide in the terrain to manuver his way inside- but he figured the front door was probably locked and that would be a waste of effort considering he could get caught.

Especially when he remembered the first time he had walked through the yard of the Choi household- thinking back on how thick the security was there.

He would probably have to just jump and roll onto the terrace slightly below- one covered in foliage like a rooftop balcony where someone did their gardening.