Chapter Nine: A Dance in the Rain

It was about a week before Kade could fully function again, his voice being the first thing to come back after the horrendous bruises faded, his hearing came back next, and then soon after he was able to walk around again with no pain in his stomach.

Over this seven day span, Calico came to Kade after school every day, teaching him the lessons that were taught in class that day, even if it got frustrating when Kade fell asleep in the middle of a lecture.

He always woke up startled, apologizing profusely, but Calico waved him off claiming- he looked cute and peaceful when he slept without the little crinkle of concentration between his eyebrows.

"Where are we going?" Kade asked the first day he was released from the hospital and Calico dragged him outside.

"The beach, I want to surf and I'm going to teach you, plus you need to drive me." Calico said, leaving no room for Kade to argue in the slightest.

"I am going to melt." Kade grumbled before Calico dropped a wetsuit that covered an entire body from head to toe.

"Cover up vampire we're going outside." Calico wasn't going to be swayed in the slightest, so Kade rolled his eyes, stopping on the way to a bathroom to change clothes.

While yes, the wetsuit prevented the sun from burning his skin, it also hugged in awkward places, especially around his ribcage.

It didn't take them long to drive around to the beach on Kade's new motorcycle, pretty much all black until the sun went down, and then it lit up from solar powered led lights with purple and red.
Aside from that, Kade still felt as though the bike was a little plain, and decided he would paint on it the minute he figured out what he wanted to paint on it.

The beach itself wasn't too crowded thankfully, though that was a given excuse this specific section was actually owned by Choi enterprises, Calico's dad's company.

One of the main reasons the Choi Gang was so feared was because of the fact Mr. Choi owned so much in the city of San Francisco, including numerous warehouses and buildings and land, most of his wealth came from those, which he used to support his gang. Which was another reason why Mr. Choi was so careful in selecting an heir for his gang, because that heir would also take the leadership of everything he owned. At least, that's how Calico explained it.
Given he had six other siblings and it seemed as though Cyril was the one who was going to inherit everything even though Cyril was the second youngest in the family.

To say the trip to the beach was awkward at first was an understatement.

When Calico tried to teach Kade how to stand on a surfboard, Kade kept swatting his hands away to prevent the boy from touching him, as he felt oddly vulnerable even in a full coverage swimsuit.
It might've been due to the lack of shoes however, as he was now walking around at his actual height, which made Calico look even taller next to him.

Not only that, but it seemed as though Calico had fans at the beach, and about every hour or so someone would ask him for a picture or to do a dance with him for their tiktok.

Kade didn't mind the people wanting Calico's attention persay, but it was kind of awkward as he was left alone floating in the water sitting on a surfboard until Calico came back.

The thing Kade did mind was the fact that Calico did not join him in the full coverage wetsuit, and wore a typical button up shirt left open and swim trunks.
Which didn't help the few girls that wanted his attention and seemed to be watching him and Calico really closely, gossiping about something.

"Why do they keep staring?" Kade asked, feeling the need to angle his body away from them to turn towards Calico, while both of them sat floating with the current on the surfboard.