Chapter Two: Café Boy

Kade didn't expect to stumble upon the Café boy the very next morning midst the school day. Especially at the same college campus he attended.

Seth was rambling on in Kade's tuned out ear at the moment Kade accidentally ran into someone's back, not paying close attention at all to what he was doing or where he was going.

"Woah there Kade." Cafe boy's voice, especially saying his name, sent goosebumps over Kade's spine- his eyes going wide as his hands held him steady, taking the gentlest of holds on his own hands.

"Oh, sorry." Kade muttered, pulling out of his light grasp. Even though they had hardly touched- the gentle hold sent tingles through Kade's fingertips.

"It's okay, I'm just as shocked to see you here I assume as you are to see me here." Pretty boy lightly laughed, a joyous sound to Kade's ears.

"Yeah whatever you apologized let's go-" Seth mumbled in Kade's ear, even going as far to slip an arm around Kade's waist to stear him away, clearly not wanting to be around the Café boy.

The Café Boy in question- didn't seem to have realized Seth's presence until that moment, his gaze locking on Seth's arm around Kade, glaring a bit.
"Hey Kade, can we meet after classes today? I just wanted to chat. Alone." He added, undoubtedly making it clear that Seth wasn't invited.

Kade wiggled out of Seth's grasp, not missing the way that the boy's eyes darted between the two- glaring slightly at Seth.
That's when Kade noticed- Café boy had found out his name.
Without Kade telling.

Sure it was possible that he could've asked his mom or someone in the school had told him- but for Kade's safety, he had to make sure it hadn't been because of his nightly activities.
"Sure, is to the left of the staircase by the main entrance okay?"

"Of course." Cafe boy nodded, curtly taking his leave and disappearing into the dispersing crowd.

"What is his problem." Seth scoffed as the two began heading in the proper direction again.

"He doesn't like it when people touch me I guess." Kade said rather pointedly where Seth still held his arm. Steering Seth's train of thought away from the fact Café boy could have found out his connection to a gang.

Without a word, Seth dropped his hand.

"I'm honestly more confused how I never saw him here before." Kade said before the silence grew to be too much.

"Please tell me you're joking." Seth looked befuddled for a minute before scoffing once again- "pfttt- he's only one of the most popular guys at our school. That's why I don't think it's a good idea for you to be around him- much less talk to him. His dad owns like half of the companies in town. Plus he's super famous online for his social media. He dances and shows off skateboarding tricks for fun. And he's really good at them."

"Sounds like you've got a secret crush on him or something with how much you know about him." Kade leered, teasing him slightly just to see his face turn red in frustration, and with the hope to get Seth to back off himself.

Plus, if Cafe boy was really all that bad, then why would he have bothered to pay attention to someone like Kade in the first place? Especially why would he have bothered to find out his name without asking Kade himself.

"Well for starters, his name is Calico-" Seth drawled on, seemingly proving Kade's point, but it soon became clear that after Seth said Café boy's name was Calico, Kade stopped paying attention, so the two stopped talking altogether and went on with their classes.

The day seemed to drag, doing nothing to ease Kade's consciousness. He couldn't seem to focus on anything at all, even to the point where Seth stopped talking to him the rest of the day, clearly annoyed with him.