Chapter Twenty One: Breakout and Reunion

Kade knew he hated sirens.

He never liked loud and abrupt noises.
But he never would've guessed exactly how much he would hate them until later that day.

Especially with who's lives were now on the line all because Kade let himself get distracted with the idea that he could be happy.

Kade and Calico, at this point, it was early morning, and the two were meeting up right before they had to part ways for their classes- as they went to separate schools now.

Like every morning recently, they had a brief discussion about what had happened since they'd last seen each other.

"Jamaica seemed a little distracted last night- and honestly I think she's keeping me from knowing what it is because it has something to do with the plan to overthrow Mr. Choi." Kade was saying, to which Calico had to assure him-

"I'm sure if it was something that serious- she would've told you- it's probably something more minor- like I don't know- maybe she has a crush?" Calico suggested.

And honestly, Kade had to remind himself he could trust his siblings to come to him if they needed him- so he decided it was best to just take a deep breath and let his worries pass over him.

"I hope so-" Kade said as he pulled out of Calico's embrace, as the time was drawing near to when they had to part ways.

"Eh eh eh- get back here-" Calico's fingers laced around Kade's- intertwining them together to keep him from going anywhere.

"What? Is something wrong?" Kade asked, his forehead already wrinkling with concern- was Calico trying to tell him something bad and that's why he didn't want Kade to leave?

"No dummy- I haven't gotten my goodbye kiss yet." Calico smirked when Kade blew out a breath of relief and rolled his eyes at the same time.
"Can I kiss you?"

"You know you don't have to ask anymore." Kade pointed out, but that still wasn't enough for Calico.

"Well I know you have bad days and I can hardly tell which ones are bad days and don't really want me to touch you and I don't want you to be mad at me or to get triggered if I do something wrong-"

Kade shut him up by standing on tiptoe and pressing a kiss against his lips.
"Shut up dumbass." Kade mumbled against his lips when he pulled back briefly. He wiggled his hands free of Calico's and put them on either side of Calico's face to force him to have eye contact.
"You could never do anything wrong. You aren't perfect by a long shot- and neither am I- but you're exactly what I need- not some picture perfect prince. I need Calico- the boy who is always there for everyone. The boy who saved me."

Calico's cheeks were now a soft pink color- and Kade had meant every last word he said.

"Hey, I love you." Kade added, and Calico finally broke out into his goofy grin again before replying immediately- "not as much as I love you songbird."

"Prove it." Kade huffed, and with the devious glint Calico got in his eyes, Kade's heart stuttered a little bit, his own eyes darting around the alleyway they stood in to see if anyone was around.

Calico did the same thing as his gaze flickered around- one of his hands coming up behind Kade's head- right where it connected to his neck.

"I don't think you'd have the stomach for that-" Calico hesitated before something obviously crossed his mind and his free hand had Kade's wrist hostage now.
"Tell me to stop at any point you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable."

Kade could hardly register what was
going on as their lips reconnected and he was gently pushed against the brick alley wall.

It seemed as though Calico wasn't testing Kade's limits, as he didn't push for anything further than that until Kade looped his free arm over Calico's shoulders, standing on the tippiest of his toes to try to get a better angle.
What happened next was unexpected on Kade's part, as Calico's hand released Kade's wrist and moved to his thighs, picking Kade up off the ground.