8

"It is nice to meet you, your highness. I am Obi." The boy, Obi as he stated himself, said before bowing down. He took a step closer to the girl and kneel down with her hand in his, kissing the back of it. "It is a pleasure to meet the lady of the castle."

"The pleasure is mine. Now, why are you up here? This place is not for tourist." Misaki asked, retracting back her hand as she took a step back from him.

Obi smiled, standing up. "I just happen to pass through from below and saw the windows are open. I couldn't help but look. It's getting bored around here."

"And why would you want to look?"

"So many questions..." Obi then scan the room, looking at some family pictures of the family on the wall. "You're cute when you were younger."

Misaki blushed. "O-Okay! I have work to do here so it is best for you to head out now."

Knowing he made her flustered, he smirked before walking closer to her again. "Maybe no. I'm just gonna stick around here since I'm bored and you have catch my eyes." He sat on Zen's desk, sitting on some papers on the table. He pick one up and read it.

"You are invading the privacy of this castle." Misaki crossed her arms.

"I am here with a contact of mine. So I've been to many places in this building." He then out down the paper and stand back up. "So what are you going to do, princess?"

"Misaki is fine. And I'm covering for my brother who's sleeping right now." She replied, walking pass him and sat down on the desk to see the remaining paperwork.

Obi rest both of his palms behind his head, turning towards her. "Oh we're in first name basis now?"

"... I prefer less people to call me by my title." Says the girl, blushing while writing.

Obi laughed. He suddenly heard voices from outside. "Well, I best be going then. It's quite fun to chat with you, Saki. Have a nice evening." The boy went outside of the railing and jump off. Misaki didn't mind the sudden action since he did climb up here.

She soon realize the name he called her. She slap her cheeks together as she tries not to bleed out from her nose. 'What's with that guy?!'

"...might ask for social status as she sees fit, or even request to be introduced to the king!"

Misaki gain her posture as she heard voices from outside of the room. She saw Kiki opening the door for Zen to come inside, a book was on his hand as he flip a page.

Along with Lord Haruka following behind him.

"What will you do when she starts making such selfish demands?" The man said as he walk in, Kiki closing the door.

Zen walk beside Misaki and gave the book he was reading to her. The girl put down the pen and took it. She saw the familiar signature of Shirayuki's name on it. Opening it, the book was filled with herb ingredients and informations about the plants.

As Misaki admired the work Shirayuki had put on this book, Haruka continued. "She'll quickly submit your power, as she lacks any to prove her own worth. Keeping a girl like that by your side will draw nothing but criticism from your retainers. You have nothing to gain from it!"

Misaki close the book quite loudly as she look up to the man with her smile. "Ara. Talking about Shirayuki, are we?"

She felt a hand on her shoulder as she look up to her brother to see him looking at the book in her hand.

"She lacks the power to prove her own worth, huh?" He took the book gently from his sister's hand and held it up before looking at the man. "I see. Then, what if it was a girl who didn't have such expectations?"