12

Few days had past as the people starting their usual routine. In the middle of an open field in the castle, the sound of an arrow was heard before it hit the target board. It wasn't a bullseye, but not bad as it looks.

Misaki sighed, shutting both eyes as she walk over to a table close by. Before she grab another arrow, she coughed. It seems like the poison from a few days ago was still in her symptoms but the chief of herbalist had take examination for her.

"You are all healthy, your highness. It might be the side effects from the poison. Drink lots of water in the meantime."

Garak's words ring on her head as she sighed. "She did mention that, but I forgot my water bottle..."

She shrugged it off and picked up another bag of arrows. She suddenly felt something watching her. She turned around to see fresh green trees. Holding her guard up, ready if anything happens, she grab an arrow from the bag behind her and pull the string, shutting one eye for a good view for her to aim.

"You holding it wrong."

A sudden voice said out loud as she let got of the string as the arrow flew to the target, missing it. Misaki look behind her to see the mysterious boy that once work under Haruka.

"Obi?! Did someone let you out? Wait, how did you even know I was here?" The girl mumbled as the boy laugh at her state, walking up to her to get close.

"Your brother let me out, looks like he wanted me to something for him, and don't worry about me knowing you were here." Obi picked up an arrow from her back before gently grab her hand that was holding the bow.

The boy smirked and position her to shot an arrow, teaching her. "You need to relax, your shoulders are tense and you were pulling the string a bit too hard." He gently guide her as he said, putting a hand on hers where she was holding the string. The girl blushed when she felt his breath softly touching her hair as well as how close they are.

"And...let go."

She did as the arrow hit the bullseye. Obi let go as he watched Misaki smiled brightly. "Obi!" A sudden voice yell out as the two turned to see Zen and the two bodyguards. He walk over to Obi, dragging him away from the girl. "So this is where you ran off too."

"Now, Master. I'm just looking after the lady!"

Mitsuhide and Kiki walk up to Misaki. "Did he do anything to you? You are all red."

The girl jumped. "N-no! No, no he didn't. He suddenly appear out of nowhere and showed me how to hold my bow right."

The prince let go of Obi and turned to his sister. "Anyways, Misaki. Meet your new aid."

Misaki blinked as Obi bow to her. "It is a pleasure to be working for you, Milady."

The girl gone quiet, Kiki bump her elbow with hers as she begin speaking. "W-When did this happen?"

"Just now."

"You didn't tell me about it."

"I would, but I know you would agree on it anyway."

Misaki was always the one teasing Zen, now it's the other way around now. The girl blushed and hit her brother with her bow before walking to Obi while her brother grip his head in pain.

"I don't want you to work for me by force. If you would like-"

Obi held his hand to stopped her from talking further. "Don't worry, I agreed right away, anyway. Working to protect the princess herself is already a big thing, but let's get to know each other, all right?"

The girl hummed to his suggestion and was about to agree, until her brother spoke. "Before that, I want you to do something first. To prove your loyalty."

The said boy gave a frown. "What? Why should I when the princess herself already accepted me."

"I need to go work something out of town. The usual fort inspection. I need Obi somewhere else. Wanna come with?" Zen invited the girl.

Sadly, she rejected. "Sorry, but I heard one of the herbalist got a call out of town. I volunteered to accompanied them."

Hearing a specific word, Zen quickly question. "Is it her that got the call?!"

Misaki walk up to the table and picking her arrows up towards her horse nearby. "Yup. She walk up to me and ask if I could come. It was Garak's idea since I've been there before for books."

She saw her brother trying not to yell at her. She smirked. "Ara. No need to be jealous that she ask me to come with her."

"I-I'm not jealous!"

"He's jealous."

"Most certainly."

"The Master has feelings?"

"Alright! Let's go back!"

==================

The next day, it just so happen to the same way as Shirayuki and Misaki were going. The red haired female wore her usual clothes that was given from the head herbalist along with a coat since the area they will be going to is cold.

For the princess, she wore her usual as well, her white shirt with long sleeve that ends to her wrist, buttoning it with long black pants along with her scarf and gloves. Of course, she bring along a coat with her. The coat has a hood with it as she rest it on top of her head, covering her ponytail from the wind.

The girl walk towards the court of herbalist. As she walk she heard someone call for her.

"Saki!" Obi yelled from above a tree close to the said girl as he jump down beside her. "Good morning. You ready for today?"

Zen had explained what he was supposed to do as Obi was ordered to go first to their destination. It would be a couple more minutes early so he decided to pay the princess a visit.

"Good morning, Obi. Didn't Zen told you to head out first?" Misaki asked as Obi took her coat in her hand, like a gentleman ( ͡° ͜ʖ--

"I decided to shut him out and go to see you." Obi winked. "Besides, as a guard, I have to make sure you're doing all right."

The girl smiled. "Thank you, Obi."

The boy accompany the girl to the building as they stopped midway there. "I'll stop here. Don't want to draw attention since I once shot an arrow in the castle." Obi wrap the coat around Misaki, leaving her flustered.

"W-what's up with you, Obi?" The girl asked, adjusting the coat for her bow behind her.

The boy shrugged before waving her goodbye, walking away. Misaki shook her head, smiling before walking towards the court herbalist.