15

A few days later the herbalist had done a great job curing the sickness as all the soldiers have awoken from their slumber. They felt refreshed and thanked the kind herbalist. Shirayuki was checking one of the soldiers' vital and treated some of them, as the others happily ate their breakfast.

"The soldiers recovered back to health in merely a few days. Shirayuki's skills are commendable." Kiki said as she observes the soldiers' condition with Zen beside her.

Zen nodded, smiling that the girl was doing perfectly. "Zen!" Mitsuhide called as he opened the door behind them. "We have a situation."

Zen and Kiki quickly follow him towards the gates where Obi and Misaki were...making little snowmen together. Obi was crouching down above the railing with a snowball in his hands as Misaki sat in front of him doing the same thing he was. They both continue to make the little ones as Zen and his aids discuss about the problem.

"Bandits?"

Mitsuhide nodded. "That's right. There's a band of them that uses the Laxdo area as their base."

"Where's their hideout?"

"I need a little more time to figure that out."

Obi stopped gathering more snow for his snowball and turn towards the others. "Why don't you leave this to me? A job in town probably more my forte anyway. Care to join, Saki?"

Misaki look up to meet Zen's eyes, seeing them that he was against it. Although, he sighed and smiled to her. "I guess you can have some fun for a little bit."

It brought a bright smile to the girl as she fist bump the man beside her and in sync, they both lean back off the wall, landing on the trees efficiently and sprint towards the woods.

"What are they, monkeys?"

"No doubt about that."

The two aids joked as they see the two disappeared into the woods.

"Kiki, Mitsuhide." Zen call them as they both turn towards him. "I want just us three working on this. We can't just let Shirayuki do everything now, can we?"

===========================

The weather around her has gone up to its temperature as the sun rays above the trees, its leaves that was covering her eyes from the sky. Misaki took a deep breath to the air, now out of her coat as she wore her usual outside entire. Not without her scarf.

"Feeling better?"

She felt a presence beside her as the young man landed carefully on the trunk she was sitting. He crouched down, looking up as well.

"Yeah. Feeling a lot more better now." The girl closed her eyes and took another breath of the air.

Obi rested his right elbow on his knee as his chin rested on the palm, looking at her. "If you take more, you might choke."

Misaki chuckled before playfully hit his side and stood up. "Let's head back. There's nothing out of the ordinary so far from here. We could go back to get refreshments and back to scouting."

Obi sighed. "Can we just relax a bit? Its always work you've been doing."

The girl roll her eyes and was about to leave when an animal suddenly appear in front of her making her jump and looses her balance. The young man got alerted and quickly grabbed her arm, which resulted as she pulling him down as well. Obi turn them around quickly before they crashed into the ground.

"Ow, ow...!" The girl murmured in pain as she felt a growl from below her. She look up to see Obi hugging her from below.

"...Good thing these snow are around." Misaki got red as she quickly sat up.