29

The time for the test was around 34 minutes, Misaki's group was on their way towards the watchtower. They rode by horses, Shirayuki having a guard rode for her. Misaki would've ride her own horse, but Obi beat her by climbing her horse first. She could only accept it as she rode with Obi from behind. 

As they arrived, Misaki had ordered a guard to stay with Shirayuki incase something happens. 2 other guards surround the tower, playing their role.

"Oh, Obi?" The girl turned around to see Obi following her inside. "You can stay outside and be on guard. I'll be at the top of the tower."

Hesitant, Obi could just nod towards her. "Whatever Milady wants." 

Misaki shook her head after his small tease before walking up the stairs in the tower. The girl was lucky that she got to wear one of her outdoor outfit, not wanting to trip from her dress. Finding Shirayuki and the guard, she greet. "Hey, Shirayuki."

"Misaki!" Shirayuki greeted back, turning from the window. 

"Just wanted to check in. Did you have the bell that Kiharu gave you?" 

The red haired girl nodded, showing the whistle that was hanging around her neck. "She had it as a necklace for me. It's beautiful."

Misaki smiled. "Just don't lose it. That is the key for this test to succeed. I'll be at the top. Come see me if you wanna chat." She waved at them before climbing back up the stairs. As soon as she open the door to the rooftop, she saw Brecker already standing there.

Here she hoped for peace and quiet alone. 

"Greetings, Lord Brecker." She greeted, meeting eyes with the male. 

Brecker tried not to glare at the princess as he greet back. "Hello, Princess. Come to see the view?"

"I am. It's not everyday I can go outside."

The male had his arms at his back as he stood still, looking out for the bird. Misaki eyed his attire, not seeing any sorts of weaponry on him. She walked towards him as she also watch the scenery, standing not as close beside him.

"I have no such artillery equipped right now, if that is what you are looking for, Your Highness." Brecker's sudden statement made Misaki jumped, her eyes rolled towards him as he smirked. "I could feel you staring at me for quiet some time. I can assure you I have nothing to hide."

Misaki felt a sweat dropped on her forehead before clearing her throat. "That's a relief to hear, Lord Brecker. I can assume you want this test to be a success? That would bring a huge benefit for both of our sides."

The question made him frowned, glaring at her. "Do you want to here the truth, Your Highness?"

"Oh?"

 Just when he was about to reveal something, the door opened to reveal both Shirayuki and the guard standing beside her. "My Lord?"

"What a nice view." Brecker said, facing away from the two and Misaki. I'm fond of places where I can look down from. After all, there are things you can't see from the lower level." He then walk over to the door as the guard moved for him to face Shirayuki. Misaki had her guard up, incase something happens.

"Miss Shirayuki. Let's make a deal." 

His sudden offer took Shirayuki off guard. "What?"

"I've heard a little about you. I believe you're an apprentice of sorts at the castle? While you may be the twin's friend, I imagine you find some things hard to do without any kind of social status. Discrimination from the nobles will be inevitable seeing as you can't attend parties or balls." Brecker had a huge smirk on his face as he look down on Shirayuki. "You can't even be sure that Prince Zen will always desire to associate with you. So allow me to support you from the shadow."