18

After what felt like hours of answering ridiculous questions from the first prince, Misaki had finally got her brother out of her tail and sighed, wishing she could just get out of there. She stood far from the others, finishing her drink as she fan herself feeling hot. She stood close to the grass wall surround the area. After about a few minutes, she saw her twin walking back towards their brother and Haruka. The older man walk to him. "Prince Zen, what is the meaning of this?"

"Prince Raj and I misinterpreted a few things in our conversation earlier." The white haired male answered, turning towards his brother. "Older brother, I have yet to even consider a marriage to Shirayuki, let alone propose."

The amount of silence filled the place, letting Misaki stunned to her twin's sudden confession. She should've feel disappointed and sad that she have thought her brother would thought to see their red haired friend as more than they are. But it looks like she was wrong.

The day became evening as the party has ended. Some of the higher ups had gone home. Misaki stayed behind looking over the sun setting in the middle of the field.

"Enjoying the sky, m'lady?"

She didn't bother turning away, as she knew it was her trustful aid. The young boy walk closer in curious as to why she didn't respond. "Something bothering you, Saki?"

"... Today's event was...fun." Misaki dropped her head to look at the hand fan she had been holding the whole day. "All I did today was holding a smile and greet. Hehe, and also enjoying Zen and Raj's scene." The girl laughed as she not notice the boy admiring her, loving her laugh.

It also brought a confusing feeling inside of him.

"Obi..." The boy brought back from his thought as he heard the princess call his name. "Can I... Let something out of my chest to you?"

The girl turned around, facing Obi. The boy hide a blush, thinking what it might wouldn't even be done in centuries.

"It's about me... And my brothers." Misaki continued, waiting for his reply before ranting out. "Just about how my older brother has been a step ahead both me and my twins.

The boy, however, was left with a disappointed sigh after hearing what she was about to asked. He was also surprised why he would think such thing. Him, an ex assassin and had killed multiple people, hoping the princess in front him to confess?

He wished it would happen.

"Wanna head elsewhere more private for this?" He manage to say out of his embarrassment of himself. Misaki smiled before nodding, following behind the boy to a shallow place.

The place was far from even the green houses. Obi led her towards a place that was covered by a big old tree hovering over an abandoned covered well. Even when it's not yet midnight, they could see fireflies all around the tree. Misaki was left in awed at the sight.

"How did you find this place?" The girl asked, walking over the tree. The boy had his hands behind his head as he lazily walk towards her.

"Let's just say, I was running away from one of master's aid from training."

The girl giggled at his answered, sitting on the tree's root that was bulging from the ground. " So, are you ready?"

Misaki was surprised towards his sudden question before nodding, finally getting her bearings together. Obi sat beside her, letting out one of his knives to play with it.

"So...where should I start..." The girl felt uncomfortable all of the sudden even though she was the one who asked him to hear her out. "... My older brother had always been a step ahead of me and my twin. He had always been, ever since he turn 17..."