23

Again, for the rest of this chapter will be just a past story of the twins, since I'm following the anime. Happy reading!

==========

The young Zen, Misaki and Mitsuhide walked through a hallway. They haven't said anything. As Mitsuhide and Misaki both watched Zen in front of them with a frown and worried look.

"Prince Zen." Mitsuhide started, having a question about what he saw. "Was the person in that tree a friend of yours?"

Both the twins stopped their track and looked over to the aid, one with an annoying look as the other giving out a surprised look.

"You saw him?"

"Yes, sir."

Misaki knew what will happen if anyone knew about their friendship with each other, she soon went in front of him and silently told him. "He is not our friend. We are not allowed to make friends, so please, don't tell anybody about him."

"I wouldn't--"

"Remember..." Zen finally said as Misaki backed away from Mitsuhide. "You're nothing more than an aide. And that's all you're ever be to me."

His words taken him back as he quickly straighten his pace. "P-Prince Zen, would you refrain from saying such cold words to me?"

"C-cold?" 

"Yes. They're hurtful."

"But how can it be any other way?"

"Huh?"

It was silent between the three, Misaki just couldn't help but let out a snort before covering her mouth to avoid letting out her laughter. "Sorry, but this awkward moment is so awkward."

The white haired boy grabbed onto her wrist and dragged her away. Mitsuhide couldn't understand what kind of humor the other twin has, while the other seem very introverted type. He smiled before following behind the two. His eyes laid onto the prince he was currently task to be beside with. 

"His back, his eyes and his heart all bore a kind of innocence... At that time, I didn't know anything about the burdens he carried. Right now, as well as back then... But as much as I was honored to be an aid for the prince, I sometimes wish I was the princess's aid. Despite her playful attitude, she's just another fragile glass."

==========

A few days later, the twins had made their way back to the place they would meet up with their friend, Atori after Misaki snuck  in the kitchen and made a bunch of food for lunch. Atori was seating on one of the pillars, kneading the scarf since it was almost finished. But it was hard enough since the girl seating behind him constantly asking what he was doing. Zen got the idea from how the boy tried to avoid the girl from asking about it again and again.

As Atori kept on kneading the scarf, he asked the other boy to avoid Misaki's non stop questions. "So this manservant of yours. You said his name was Mitsuhide?"

"Hey, don't ignore me!"

"Yeah." Zen replied, eating his sandwich. 

Misaki finally gave up and sat back down, munching onto her own sandwich.

"All the soldiers are talking about him. A young guy who just suddenly appeared." Atori looked down the scarf progress, grinning. 

Zen gesture a sandwich for him to eat as he replied. "There's something about him that sets him apart from other imperial guards and retainers. It's like he's shrouded in mystery. I don't know how to act around him."

The girl gulped her last bite of the sandwich mentioning. "When I was practicing my bow, I saw him training with a sword. I have to say, he is very skilled in swordsmanship."