10

"The examination period for apprentice court herbalists..."

"Oh, that's right. It's today."

"What do you mean, 'Oh, that's right'?"

Zen, along with his personal guards saw a couple of framed request papers on the wall and decided to take a peak.

Mitsuhide playfully smirked, resting both his hands on his waist. "Hasn't this been on your mind for quite a while now, Zen?"

Zen glared at him, before looking back at the frame, smiling. "Anyways, have you seen where my sister went?"

Kiki look over to him. "After her piano lessons, she went to the pharmacy to check on her hand. She's probably with Ryu."

===================

Misaki was indeed at the pharmacy getting a check up with the little boy, Ryuu. The princess wore her elegant blue dress from before, her scarf wrap around her waist for decoration of her outfit. She was holding a glove with her gloved hand, while the other was being treated by Ryuu.

Ryuu unwrap the bandage from her hand to see the small scar planted on her palm. It wasn't to big as the scar starts from the bottom of her base thumb to the start of her wrist. Misaki gently rub the scar.

"It looks smaller than I thought. Do you want me to wrap it back to not show it to public?" Ryuu politely asked, looking over to the health case beside him.

Misaki chuckled. "No, thank you. I won't mind showing off this scar. Besides, if there are any fancy occasions, I would usually wear my gloves." She replied, showing her glove before putting them in her hand.

Ryuu nodded. As he started to clean up the supplies, Misaki took a peak outside of the window of the pharmacy to see the field of flowers. She smiled. "What do you say we go harvest some herbs at the garden?"

She saw his eyes lit up. "Sure, I was planning to go there to pick up some herbs."

Patting his head, she stood up straighten her dress before leave the room, Ryuu following behind with a basket for the herbs he was planning to pick.

As they reach the garden, the white haired female watch the colorful flowers surround the field. She walk to the stairs, walking down with Ryuu close. He went to a path where they are fruits and possibly herbs in them.

The girl went further down to a path with pink fluffy flowers blooming out. She kneel down and rub a petal, feeling the softness of the flower. The wind suddenly picked up, leaves from the tree close by flew pass her as she block her hair from flying all over her face from behind her ear.

She smiled. 'What a wonderful day!'

"O-oh, I'm sorry!" She heard a feminine voice from afar as she look up to Ryuu to see a familiar red head. She smiled brightly, leaving them alone as she continue to watch over the flowers.

"While I do still need nanairoha and kokosou, it's not time to pick them yet." Ryuu speak out, surprising the princess since the little boy sometimes keep it to himself. "I'll collect them at sunrise when their medicinal properties are at their peak."

"When their medicinal properties are at their pea? Oh, I've heard about that before! Do you know when that is?" Shirayuki exclaimed, hoping to know more from the little boy.

"It's knowledge you can only gain from other people who have spent their whole lives studying nature. There's nothing written about it in any medical literature, but it seemed important, so I made a point to remember it." Ryuu explained to the curious red haired as she walk up to him. "The experience those people have with plants vastly outweighs my own...."