9

Running through the halls, Misaki slowed down a bit since it's hard for her to run with her dress sometimes being caught by her small heels. "It's really hard to run with this dress! If only today isn't so busy so I can wear my pants."

Shirayuki chuckled as they both continue to run. "Well you look beautiful in it." The girl gripped on the arrow Misaki gave from the sudden attack just now, feeling a bit uneasy.

"Shirayuki, don't complement me on this situation." The girl playfully whine as they turn a corner.

"Shirayuki! Misaki!" A sudden voice call the two girls out as both of them stopped their pace before looking back. There stood Zen out of his uniform with his sword on his waist, walking out of a hallway. "What are you two doing?"

"Zen!" Shirayuki stood properly, hiding the arrow behind her. Misaki brushing her dress from the dust, confused to see why her friend hide the arrow. She suddenly felt a present not far as she glance at a tree outside of the open hallway.

"Didn't you already head home?" The gentleman asked, walking to them. He saw his twin looking at the tree as his eyes went to it, feeling the same feelings.

"Um... I forgot my book..." 

"Shirayuki, did anyone approach you before I came by?" Zen asked, still looking at the tree.

"A soldier did."

Misaki shrugged as she rest a hand on her waist, smiling at her twin. Zen look down at Shirayuki as he cross his arms. "A soldier, huh? What's with the arrow you're holding?"

Shirayuki flinch, surprised that he knows what she was hiding. She frown.

"Did someone shot you inside the castle?! Did Misaki, specifically?!"

"Hey, I was busy the whole day inside I don't have the time to train with my bow." Misaki glared at Zen, upset that he would even thought she would do that.

"You did shot me not long ago."

"Almost, dear brother."

=======================

The three sat down on the floor of Misaki's bedroom, since Misaki needed to change into a more comfortable clothes. Shirayuki admired the room to how big the room is for one person with how fancy the furnitures are. The wall was covered with gray colored paint as family paintings were well nailed on the wall. Both Shirayuki and Zen sat in front of Misaki's bed. 

"I can't believe you. Why didn't you call the soldiers?" Zen scolded the herbalist girl, crossing his arms. 

"Sorry...but hear me out before you get angry, Zen!"

"How can you expect me to not be angry? Moreover, how can you be so calm about this?" 

Shirayuki look at the arrow on his hand has he held it up. "You know, I was scared! And angry!" She took the arrow from his hand. "But I didn't want to sit idly while I lost the ability to come here. If there's someone who doesn't want me to see you and Misaki, then I'll have to confront them directly."

"On your own?" Wrapping her scarf around her neck, Misaki walk in to them in her white shirt tucked in her black pants, her black heels click every step she took. She sat on the big chest beside the two as she look at Shirayuki. "It won't be easy."

"If I'm by myself, then the other person might be willing to talk."

"You can't." Zen replied, disagreeing but knows she's right.

"Zen!" The girl exclaimed, about to fight back.

"...Is what I about to say, but all right. I won't jump in, Shirayuki." The prince said, rubbing his forehead along with his hair. She then saw him smile. "Just don't overdo it. If this person refuses to listen to you, do what you need to make them stop, even if you have to use my name. It could also be the work of more than one person."