Chapter 10: Scariest Place on Earth, Day 1

We are handed debriefing papers with the following information:

Mission Location: Tokyo Disneyland

Reason for Mission: Six civilians have disappeared with no signs of recovery; all are presumed dead or seriously injured

Primary Mission Objective: Recover the civilians, and bring them back to Jujutsu Tech (dead or alive)

Secondary Mission Objective: Exorcise curses at the park

Sorcerers Assigned to the Mission: Geto Suguru, Gojo Satoru, Santa-Clara Lithuila, Nanami Kento, Ijichi Kiyotaka, and Haibara Yu

Points of Contact: TBD

Expected Turn Around Time: Two days

"Why isn't Shoko listed? And who is Ijichi Kiyotaka?" I ask Yaga.

"I stay on campus to hone my Reverse-Curse technique," Shoko responds with a casual attitude.

"Since Shoko can heal others using Reverse Curse Technique, it is vital that she remain safe on campus grounds," Yaga mumbles with his arms folded across his chest.

I shrug my shoulders and continue writing. It would be better to have Shoko out in the field to deliver first-aid on the spot. This way sorcerers are less likely to die from injury.

"We don't have to worry too much, newbie. You can use a Reverse-Curse technique and will be with us. Be gentle if I need healing. Ok?" Satoru, feeling cheeky and playful. Suguru gives him a stern look.

"I can't make any guarantees of not being too rough." I smile at Satoru.

"Alright, Santa-Clara and Gojo, leave each other alone. Gojo and Geto, assign groups and tasks when you arrive at the park. You are all dismissed."

There are two black cars, each with a driver. We split ourselves up, three students per car, I ride along with Geto and Haibara.

"What languages are you studying? How come you are reading...and what is with the tattoos?" Haibara's face lights up with each question leaving his mouth. His eyes sparkle too.

"Haibara, how about we leave Blaise alone."

I look over the edge of my book and smile. "I am studying Spanish and reteaching myself Japanese."

Both of my coworkers tilt their heads to the side while I continue talking. "Both my parents spoke fluent French but, my father knew Japanese. My mother...she knew some Japanese. While growing up, we spoke French in the house." I sit back in my seat while talking about my family. Water pricks the sides of my eyes.

"And the tattoos?"

"A gift for my sixteenth birthday. They represent the growth I have undergone over the years."

Two and a Half Hours Later

"Glad you decided to join us, newbie. Suguru and I were deciding how we should split up."

"Well, congrats to you and Suguru." I cover my mouth while yawning and spot a couple walking toward us. Right behind them are three sorcerers.

"You must be the group sent to investigate the park. I am Sir Shingo and this is my wife, Madam Shingo." We bob our heads up and down. I steal a few glances at Madam Shingo: not because she is stylishly dressed in a pantsuit but, because of how controlled her cursed energy is. She frowns and moves closer to her husband.

"Wonderful! We are keeping the park open and ask you to conduct an initial investigation. I have been informed by your superiors you have two days to investigate. Should your services be needed for a longer period, I have the means to do so." Madam Shingo nods her head in agreement while placing her hands atop each other.