Chapter 31: Come Again?

My fingers slowly tap the table.

"So you know of her?"

I smile and stop moving my fingers. "And if I say yes, what are you going to do with my information?"

"Enough!" Satoru's Grandfather slams the table with his fists. The veins in his eyes are red as a poker. His blood pressure soars to the ceiling. "Santa-Clara, please take my grandson and Geto away from here. This conversation is not one you need to worry about."

"On the contrary." The Zenin head says. "I am sure Santa-Clara is eager to know more about her...family."

I want to punch the smile off this old man's face. Then kick his son where the sun doesn't shine! Maybe he will leave me alone if he's too busy nursing his nuts back to good health.

I clear my throat before resting in my seat. "I know as much about my family as you do." My right-pointer finger aims at the clan leader. "The issue at hand is not informing me about my blood relations, is it?"

My question comes as a statement, causing Naoya to look at his father.

"Let me clue you in, Naoya. Jujutsu Tech has little to no information on the Carbellas." Satoru's Grandfather throws his hands in the air before falling into his seat.

Naoya looks at me and asks, "why are you telling me this?"

"Read between the lines, dude! Our fights have been nothing but a ploy. A ploy for you all to learn more about my family's cursed techniques!"

I place my knife in front of me, causing Nayoa to wince.

"What business do you have brandishing a stolen object? The crest on the handle..."

"This object belongs to my family! The clan Jujutsu Tech wants to eradicate!" My voice is calm as a summer breeze.

I grin from ear to ear. Satoru and his grandfather look at my dagger, then at me. Both of their mouths form a tight line. Suguru glares at Naoya through gritted teeth, and the Elders hide their content with neutral expressions.

"That is a strong accusation. What evidence do you have to support your claim?" Gakuganji asks.

A dark shadow moves across my face. I turn my head slowly around the room looking every person in the eyes.

"We will continue this conversation on another day. Santa-Clara, Geto, and Satoru leave." The level of restraint behind the Gojo Clan leader's words makes my skin crawl.

A slight tug on my shirt gets me to stand up. Before going into the hallway, I stop and turn around.

"If we are going to compare notes, I want full disclosure on..." the door closes before I finish my statement.

If Grenadine is alive, we need to talk! There are too many nuances and unknowns to my inherited technique. Reverse Curse is a bitch but, I am getting more efficient in using it. Then there are the issues with Simon.

Pre-Star Plasma Vessel Mission

"Simon?" The coffee pot chirps, signaling the start of something good. Nutmeg rubs my l legs while purring nonstop.

"I was walking home from school the other day, and two people passed by me." A heavy sigh leaves his mouth. "They made eye contact before I turned a corner."

I get up and fill my cup before rubbing my arm. The room is at a comfortable temperature but, something is off. "What happened?"

"Nothing. They just...I don't know, left an unsettled feeling in my stomach."