Chapter 7: New Beginnings Part 3

TW: Mentions of assault.

January 1st, 2007

"No, stop! Zyler, don't go! Please..don't leave me!" I jerk up from my sleeping position, with my heart pounding in my ears. Fresh stains adorn the exposed pages of the anatomy book. I cover my face before getting up.

It is too quiet outside. While picking up the pace, I look over my shoulder every thirty seconds. The hair on my neck stands on end and my purple eyes light up while passing a building complex.

"Kyoto Curse College? Do the youngsters from yesterday attend this place?" I shrug my shoulders and carry on. After rounding the corner, something approaching from behind causes me to freeze in place.

"Should I wish you a happy birthday, Santa-Clara, or would a Happy New Year make you feel more comfortable?" It is the blond sorcerer from last night.

"You may call me Blaise. We are the same age, and I prefer using first name-based greetings." I turn around, positioning myself to use an attack with or without cursed energy.

"The youngsters you are referring to, mind telling me what they look like?" Good grief, how long has this oddball been stalking me? How did I not sense him before? And his half-grin is not appealing.

"I would rather not. Now, if you will excuse me, I have things to take care of at home." Before I can turn around to leave, he grabs me by the arm and pins me against a wall. I kick out but he grabs my foot.

"Come on now, I asked you a question." His tone is low and serious. His beady eyes bore into mine, and I smell mint on his breath. "It is not appropriate for a younger person, especially a woman, to ignore a question that is asked of them."

"How about you cool it with the cocky attitude and let me go first. Then I will consider answering your questions."

"Hehe. I like your spunk, now answer me. Who were you...ah!" My forehead meets his, catching him off guard. I slip out of his grips, but he grabs a hold of my t-shirt, making me fall face-first onto the ground.

"Get off me you creep! Where did you...agh." I am kicked in the stomach and unable to move for half a second.

"Just as I thought. You are weak. Let me give you some advice, sweetheart, if you plan on surviving as a sorcerer, you must be gritty. There is no place in our community for the likes of you." He stands over me, looking me straight in the eyes while saying this. I grit my teeth while increasing my cursed energy reserves. I start laughing under my breath.

"What is so funny?" Now his tone is flat.

"What's so funny you ask? Your crummy attitude and assumptions." I stand up, leaning against the wall for support. I continue my speech while activating a technique. "You assume I am weak based on a narrow definition of strength. To answer your question from earlier, I don't know who the youngsters are...I make it a point to avoid sorcerers, for reasons you don't have the privilege of knowing. Technique-Release: Shadow Surprise."

With the Kyoto Curse School around the corner, my technique activation, and this bastard causing trouble, more sorcerers will come to see what is happening.

"I suggest getting up slowly in about ten minutes. If you try fighting your own shadow, you may die. Have a good day." I smile with my eyes, the rising sun making their purple hue sparkle.

"Why you little, bitch. Grr. Help me up, someone." By the time I disappear around the corner, two civilians run over the helpless blond.

January 1st, 2007: Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College