Chapter 19: Sister-Exchange Event, Day 2

I lay the sack of potatoes on the bed next to Ijichi. His chest rises and falls in a steady rhythm. His face twitches involuntarily every few seconds and his blond hair drapes over his flushed cheeks. I give him at least twelve hours before waking up.

"How are you holding up Ijichi?" The pounding in my temples makes me dizzy upon standing.

"Oh, umm, my leg will be in a cast for a few months." Ijichi's face turns light pink while he bows his head toward me.

My mind and body feel out of synch! I am physically present in the infirmary but, my brain feels fuzzy. It is as if a fog is clouding my frontal lobe. Suddenly, the corners of my lips point towards the ground, the room starts spinning, and I hear a crash sound.

A bright light flashes into my orbs while a pair of cold fingers touch my forehead. I blink three times before tears stream down my face. I curl up into the fetal position, thrashing my arms left and right. Suddenly, my body floats as a pair of strong hands force my arms into my sides.

6:00 pm of Day 1- Eighteen Hours Before Team Event Begins

My mouth feels like I have eaten a bag of cotton and chased it down with rubbing alcohol. The darkness makes my heart rate spike and my stomach drop. I arch my back like a cat when noises hit my ears.

"Who is there?! What do you want?!!"

It is hard to sit still when it feels like the walls are closing in. I jump in place as my feet contact the cold floor.

Get a hold of yourself, Blaise! Passing out after a battle, you should feel proud. Proud of making an arse of yourself. Proud of putting yourself into a hospital and...my breath catches in my chest.

Stop! Show yourself some kindness. You would not talk this way to someone you care about.

7:00 pm- Dining Hall at Kyoto Technical College

"Any sign of her, Nanami?"

"Gojo, I said I would inform you when she shows up."

"Pft, you can never be too careful."

I sense out Nanami and Gojo before walking into the dining hall. Geto and Haibara are not with them. Most of the Kyoto participants are present, making the bags under my eyes grow. Before walking inside, I stretch my neck to the left and then to the right.

"We are glad you made it in time for dinner," Nanami gets up and offers me his seat.

"Thank you, Nanami. I will sit on your left-hand side." I reach for the pitcher while making eye contact with Satoru. "And good evening, Six-Eyes."

"Stop calling me Six-Eyes, kid. It isn't nice to pick on your upperclassmen, don't you know?"

The look on Nanami's face can raise the dead. Haibara and Geto slide into the table without disrupting my gaze.

"And how may we help you?"

I turn around, coming face-to-face with the same woman who asked about the individual battles. Her eyes dart from person to person and land on the floor. She starts talking without breaking eye contact with the wood floorboards.

"Do you mind if we talk in private?"

I cock my head to the left. She balls her left hand into a fist, repeating herself.

"Do you mind if we talk outside?"

I purse my lips, close my eyes, and inhale before excusing myself. Her aura is light-blue with a few pink spikes. When Naoya wakes up, I am going to beat him to a bloody pulp!