Chapter 33: Don't Come Again!

Simon holds his thumb under his chin, looking between his mug and the table. He slowly scratches the five-oh-clock shadow before it dawns on him. "Does your father have green eyes and a similar facial structure to you?"

I nod my head up and down. He stops scratching, opting to let his brows dance together.

"Spill it out." I tip my head to the left.

"He might have been one of the people following me." His face morphs into a coy smile.

Why the hell would my father be keeping tabs on Simon? My brow furrows, and my arms fold across my chest.

"And the second stalker?" Simon's smile does not fade as his eyes drift to the floor. I sit back in my chair, waiting for a response.

"I don't know. Sorry." He shrugs his shoulders, taking the last sip from his mug. "Ugh," he scratches behind his head, "please don't get mad."

"What is it?" He gets up and shuffles to the door. I sit up straight, throwing the last drop of coffee down my throat.

Within a few seconds, Satoru and Suguru come into view. Simon trails behind them, smiling as much as possible. They take a seat. I prop a hand under my chin.

"What do you want?" I run a finger around the lip of my mug.

Everyone holds their breath, waiting for the right moment to talk. Without prodding, I get up and move to the kitchen. The steam rising from the coffee pot makes me inhale deeply. My shoulders release all tension when I exhale.

"Let me guess...I am being summoned for another meeting?" I ask playfully between sips.

My question is met with raised eyebrows, lips pointed toward the ground, and heads tilted sideways. Satoru and Suguru share a glance. The former clears his throat before talking.

"Not entirely. Simon wanted to clear the air with you and needed our help." Satoru's arms fold themselves the more he speaks. "When you stormed at us earlier, we backed away."

I chuckle under my breath while Suguru picks up where Satoru left off. "It seems like you are in a better headspace. Do you mind rejoining us at the table?"

I switch the coffee pot off before dragging my feet to the table. What Simon told me about my father sits like rocks in my stomach. I rub both hands over my face the moment I sit down.

"Simon, catch them up to speed." I sit back in my chair, hoping Simon gets the hint.

"Ugh...yes. I was sharing..." He scratches his head, looking at me for the answer.

"We were discussing our dreams and how..." This last part makes me close my eyes and swallow hard. "How Simon is being followed."

Simon's eyes widen as he nods slowly. "Does your grandfather have any information regarding my father?" The question spills out of my mouth before Simon can talk.

My lilac orbs soften as they meet Satoru's opaque sunglasses. His lips form a hard line across his face, making my mind spin a mile per minute. I raise my eyebrows, hoping to pry something from the alluring boy. He tilts his head to the side.

"And if he does?" A childish grin replaces the line. My eyes harden.

"I want to meet with him." I continue after a brief inhale, "If that is not possible, find out who is following him." I point at Simon before leaning back in my chair.

I quickly fold my arms across my chest. "What?" I ask as two pairs of eyes land on me.

"She asked for help! Miracles really can happen." Satoru says while throwing his hands in the air. "Oh, and I found these at the school.