45 - constriction

✧✧

✧✧

"Hey can we make a pit stop to my house really quick, I need to grab a few things," Pope's narrow in at me from the passenger seat and I sigh.

"I'll be stealth I promise, besides, we'll have plenty of time to spy on what's his face that flew the plane."
either of the part's sitting in the front seat say anything and from beside me I feel jj lean forward, resting his elbows on the center console.

"You know, the devil works hard, but Delilah works harder.  We can spare like fiveish minutes for her to get more clothes, I'm a little sick of her stealing my favorite crew." He whispers the last part and shoot him a cross look, poking him in the ribs.

"Mister you are the one who impregnated me so you better shut it. Plus who bought you that crewneck?" He's silent and I hear Kie snicker from the driver's seat.

"Yeah that's what I thought," I lower my voice so only he can hear me now, "You know how I get really cold at night."

"Yes babe, I know. But you can always count on me to keep you warm." his lips brush against my ear and I feel crimson instantly flush my face.

"Hey! Love birds back there, cut it out before I puke." Kie shouts from the front of the car, making direct eye contact with me through the rearview mirror.

I playfully crinkle my nose, a laugh escaping my mouth as I gently shove JJ away from me, his chest vibrating with giggles as he dives toward his side of the car.

"Stopping now!" I glance out the window, noticing the familiar trees of figure eight blur past us and tingles burst throughout my chest cavity. Soon enough the vehicle pulls to a stop and I grasp the handle, attempting to exit the car but JJ grasps my arm.

"Please be careful, please." his eyes pleading, squeezing my arm tightly, then letting go as I nod. I swallow the lump rising in my throat as I walk the short distance to my window, climbing into my room with ease despite the added weight on my front side.

The second my feet touch the floor I can tell that something was off. All of my things were in shambles, clothes scattered covering the floor, my bedding askew and all of my posters ripped off of the walls.

I bend down onto my knees, sifting through the clothes when something in the corner of my room catching my eye. That fucking bastard. I jolt to a standing position rushing the broken pieces of the surfboard, tears already pricking my eyes.  "Char.." the words slip out of my lips before I can stop them.

"You two always loved those damn boards too much. I tried to get you two to stop sneaking out in the middle of the night to ride but you never listened and look what happened. It eventually killed one of you." I spin around to see my father's figure looming in the doorway into my bedroom.

Shivers erupt throughout my spine and I inhale a sharp breath. "Dad.. how could you?" I choke, holding the piece of the sunset to my chest.

"I did what I had to, those fucking boards killed her and so did you. One down, one to go." a dark smile spreads across his face as he nears me and my fists instantly clench.