56 - idiot

✧✧

✧✧

"I'm gonna testify under oath. I was there. I just need to get a hold of my sister," Sarah dissects as I feel JJ's thumb rub against my shoulder blade as he mutters 'sister?' underneath his breath.

We had just returned from the courthouse where the judge had determined that if John B was convicted, he would face the death penalty. The fucking death penalty. Saying that he would die for something that he didn't even do. It wasn't fair.

"Kie do you have your phone?" Sar asks, grabbing it after Kie pulls it out of her jean pocket, "Wheezie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day."

"Wheezie?" JJ questions and I elbow him in the ribs, making him wince as I shoot him a stern look telling him to shut it. "I don't know what else to do. I got us into this mess. I'm gonna do my best to get us out."

"Wheezie? Yeah, that will work." JJ scoffs and the door slams shut behind Sarah as she walks into the house. "You really had to do that right now Jay? Really?!"

"Well, she's right about one thing. We gotta do something. Our boy is a PO-dub right now, okay? He's held captive by the enemy right now, maybe even scheduled for execution. Are we just gonna sit here?" he starts yelling, completely ignoring my last statement, and Kie jumps in, taking one for the team. "So what's the plan? We start by kidnapping li's dad?"

"Maybe, like that's not the worst idea actually." My eyes snap open and I shoot a glare his way. "Oh fuck no."

"That is actually the worst idea I've ever heard." Pope says and from inside the house Sarah agrees with him, "It's pretty bad."

"You know? Please, just stay out of this." JJ snaps at sar before maintaining eye contactwith Pope, "Okay, Pope look, we've been doing everything your way, and how has that been working out?"

"Okay, okay so what's your plan? You're gonna storm a jail, guns a-blazing?"

"Look, Pope, all I'm trying to get you to understand is they got our boy. Are we just gonna sit here and do nothing? No! we're gonna go get his ass. We're gonna do something about it." he yells and I feel myself flinch. It's been quite a while since I've seen JJ this worked up and it honestly scares me more than I'd like to admit.

"JJ, we're not storming a jail. It's not happening." JJ takes two steps away from him, "No, fine man. Sit in your comfy chair. Do nothing. I'm gonna see what I can do. Make something happen, even if I have to do it by myself." I try to keep a hold of him but he lets go of my grip, making his way out of the porch before I can even utter a word.

"JJ stop! Don't do something stupid." I follow after him as he swings his leg over his bike, revving on the engine. "I have my own free will, Delilah." He used my name. My full name. Fuck

"You do realize that your mistakes don't just affect you anymore, right?" I can feel myself start to fume as I reach for his arm but he shrugs me off. "Whatever." he doesn't even acknowledge me as he kicks off, riding down the road, leaving us to deal with his rampage.

"I don't have the energy to deal with his tantrums right now." I sigh before sharing an identical look with Kie as I walk inside, flopping down onto the couch with a groan.

"You okay?" Sarah asks, getting up from her chair and sliding into the spot next to mine. "I'm dating a child, I'm still nauseous and my stomachs hurts like a mother fucker, which apparently is normal according to all the websites I've visited in the past hour." I huff, letting my head rest on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry that must suck ass." A sad look crosses her face and all the prices fall into place and I feel a pang in my chest.

"I'm sorry, that was really insensitive. You're going through a lot right now with the John b case and your parents. I didn't mean to dump that onto you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Li, your problems are problems too, no matter what they are compared to mine. You are growing a human, and that in itself is hard work." my face softens as my brows furrow. "You mean that?"

"Of course Lilah. Feelings first, always. How is my little niece?" she asks and I roll my eyes, scoffing. "Not you too. JJ swears that it's a girl and it'll be the rock he'll die on."

"Would it be that bad if it was? She could have Charlotte's name as her middle name?" Sarah looks at me and I feel tears brim my eyes. "Shit I didn't mean to make you cry li."

"It's okay, I just haven't really let myself think that far ahead yet. We've been living in fight or flight for so long that I haven't really had time to think about the future. I don't think JJ wants to live in a world where his best friend, his brother isn't in it."

"But he does want to live in the world that his daughter is in. Hopefully that doesn't have to be the same world and hopefully John B gets out. You matter to him too. You are family to him, just as much as John B is to him and I am to you." Tears start to fall from my eyes as I lean forward, pulling her into a bone tight hug.

"If she takes after her dad I'm going to have a hell of a time raising her." I let my mind wander to what our future child would look like and how much trouble she and her dad would cause.

"JJ's enough trouble as is, no need to add another person into the mix. But you are going to be an amazing mother, Lilah. This child is going to be the most loved kid on Kildare island if I have any say in it."

"Sar don't you dare make me cry again, or I might lose it. I'm fragile with all of these hormones pumping through me, so one word too many and I'll be head first into the deep end." I point at her playfully and she scoffs, shoving it away. "Cry me a fucking river, Delilah Covey."

"What are the odds that JJ is getting himself into a shit ton of trouble right now?" I glance at Sarah, whose look tells me all that I need to know.

"An idiot. I'm in love with an idiot, and I'll say it till the day I die." I groan dramatically before Sarah jolts up from her slumped state. "Wheezie's meeting us at deaches point at ten tonight."

"Us?"

✧✧

hey guys.
who knew that wiping ass
meant that i would
have not only no time to
sleep but no time to
write either so
I'm very sorry about
the no updates.
I have a few days off
before I get back onto
the grind so expect updates
to be flooding in.