10 - cemetery

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

We spent a few hours outside JJ's house, mostly either kicking a soccer ball around or playing a game of what are the odds while Pope tried to finish his essay. "What are the odds that you'll jump into the lake with no clothes on?" I asked JJ, my hair touching the ground as I situated myself to sit upside down in the chair I was sitting in. I couldn't seem to get comfortable in that damn thing.

"Three, two, one, ten" "Nine." We both days at the same time and I groan. "You're lying to yourself! I know you would do it for fun if someone asked." JJ just brushes it off and leans against the back of the house, lifting his blunt to his lips.

"What are the odds you would take a puff of this blunt." He looks at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I eye him, shifting back up to sit up straight. "Three, two, one, zero" "zero" we say in unison and my eyes widen.

"No I don't want to! I'm not feeling well today!
" I shake my head and he walks over to me, making eye contact. "You have to princess. Gotta mess up that perfect kook reputation somehow." Before I answer he wraps his arms tightly around my waist, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Put me down JJ!" I squeal, kicking my legs and I can feel him laugh. "Nice view down there?" He murmurs and I can hear the smirk plastered on his face. That bastard.

Suddenly the sound of honking fills our ears and JJ sets me down softly on the ground. "Let's ride." He shouts, grabbing my hand and gestures Pope to follow us. "This better be good." He mutters as all three of us climb into the van and John B presses on the gas pedal.

In no time we pull up to The wreck, Ki's dad's restaurant and Pope offers to go get her, jumping out of the Twinkie quickly. "He's excited to see her." I mutter, raising my eyebrows before making eye contact with JJ who holds up the blunt playfully. I shake my head, narrowing my eyes and he nods, as seriously as he possibly can.

"She said she's not coming!" Pope yells from the entrance to the restaurant and JJ sticks his hand out of the window. "Why?" He then quickly turns to John B, "What did you do to her John B?"

John B shakes his head as he whispers a quick "Shit." He slams his hands into the steering wheel before tapping on it twice. "Hold on. I'll deal with it." He says before opening the door of the Twinkie and rushing into the restaurant.

"What do we think that is about?" I ask, setting my legs onto the console, JJ immediately shoving them off which makes me physically gasp. "Not sure. They got arrested so maybe her dad doesn't want her hanging around us, well less than usual." Pope shrugs from next to me and I shake my head.

"No that didn't stop her before. I recon he kissed her." I glance out the window and Pope shakes his head vigorously. "No there's a no Pogue on Pogue macking policy for a reason. Ki wouldn't be that stupid." I widen my eyes, holding my hands up in defense.