The Man who fell in love with the Moon

Orion POV: 

I was told a long time ago by my mother that I resembled my father, jet black hair and sea green eyes as well as his smile. Course my mother has been dead now for many years so now it is only me on this island. I tend to sleep during the day and hunt at night using my bronze club, a gift from my father mother used to say as well as my bow, and a small dagger. My mother named me Orion. Some would call my life on this Island lonely, but I rather enjoyed my simple life. On especially clear nights were the best the moon always looked so beautiful and always guided me towards my prey. Yes I rather admired the moon and its light, how could I have known that it admired me back. 

Artemis POV: 

Every night I flew the moon chariot across the sky over a rather quaint Island an Island that I always saw a man hunting. I would watch him on those nights that were particularly clear of much cloud cover, watch his movements in the light of my chariot as he hunted his meal for the day. He used my brother weapon the bow as well as a club if his prey managed to go on the attack and finally a small dagger he used to prepare his catch for his dinner. Yes I enjoyed watching him so often one night I decided to go down and meet him as well as introduce my self.     

Orion POV: 

It was like any other night, the sun had just set and the moon began its race across the sky. I began my hunt tonight I wanted deer, the island I lived on was relatively big and this time of year the deer prefer the far side of the island so it will be a long trek. Which I began in earnest after strapping my bow and quiver to my back and grabbing my knife attaching it to my belt. The pathway I took had been worn into the ground from my many hunts to the far side and I was sure I could find my way even in the pitch black of the night with only the little light cast by the moon to be my guide. Once I made it to the far side of the Island I began to go into the woods to a clearing I knew the deer enjoyed, as I neared I heard there faint noise telling me I had found some. With that I lowered my self into the tall grass and ferns to blend in, I then un strapped my bow and nocked an arrow moving in closer. I got to the edge of the grass and waited till I had a clear shot to its heart. I drew the arrow back I gave a small prayer to the gods and let the arrow loose, it hit its target dead on and the deer collapsed as the rest of the herd scattered into the trees. I set to work Removing its entrails and draining its blood for me to take back to my cave, I had dug a whole to bury the entrails and pour the blood into so as to leave little to no mess after covering the whole I stood back up and pated off my pants. I picked up the body and threw it over my shoulders and turned around to be met with a child around thirteen no twelve years of age with auburn hair pulled back in a bun with eyes so white I swore they glowed like the moon. Naturally I was surprised, why wouldn't I be the only other person I had met was my mother and to my knowledge this Island had no other inhabitants like myself. "Who are you? Did you come here by a ship?" I asked these two simple questions. 

"I am Artemis, Goddess of the moon and of maidenhood" she said. I had heard of her or at least been told a few stories about her from my mother. "I have watched you from a far all the way up there" she said pointing to the moon "and I have grown quite fond of you over these many many nights. You seem to be the only mortal awake when I ride the sky" 

"Well I am always fond of the moon especially on nights like tonight when the sky is so clear it is beautiful, much like your eyes." I said beginning to walk back to my cave "If you wish to continue this chat please accompany me on my walk home" 

"Oh. . . well ok and thank you for the compliment" she said with a slight blush across her cheeks. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong but you are also the goddess of archery along with your brother being the god of archery?" I asked as we made our way back to the path. 

"Yes that is correct and I so do appreciate the prayers that you give me each night" she responded. "Why do you hunt at night?" 

"Oh, well for one thing at night some of my larger prey is likely sleeping so it is easier to hunt them at night. As for prey like the deer I'm carrying I hunt it at night so I can blend in with the foliage around me" I told her, and that's how it went for the entire walk we asked each other questions and answered them till we got back to my cave and I set up a fire and made us some seats outside the cave. I went into the cave and skinned the deer and processed the meat with my hunting knife I then came out of my cave and began to roast the deer for me and her. After we ate I stored the meat I had set aside to smoke and Artemis left promising to come back tomorrow night  

3rd person POV:

Artemis would visit Orion every night, and every night they would each learn more about each other. Finally Artemis decided she wanted to learn how to hunt. 

"Orion can you please take me hunting with you?" Artemis asked Orion. 

"Alright you can use my old bow from when I was about your bodies age, how would I say this?" Orion replied the last part being muttered to himself. 

"Ok, and I think in context that you could just refer to it as my age" Artemis responded.

"Oh, wait you heard that?" Orion said. 

"Yes" Artemis said. 

Orion POV: 

"I think some of my older cloths should fit you it is not wise to be hunting in a toga, gets snagged on to many things" I told her leading her into my cave to find my old bow and some of my older hunting gear. "Ah, here they are" I said pulling the cloths out of a woven basket and brining them to Artemis. "I will head out side to wait for you to change, simply come outside once you have changed." I said as I handed Artemis my old cloths and stepped outside. It did not take her long to get ready nor did I expect it to.

"Ok I'm ready you can look" she said coming out of the cave. In a old and faded wool shirt that clung comfortably to her and some pants that shouldn't snag on any bushes or twigs.

"You look lovely, course I always think that I suppose" I say trying to suppress a blush. "Right here is my old bow it feel ok to you" 

"It feels remarkable, as if it was made specifically for me" she responded.

"Perfect then, well lets start with deer which is probably the easiest animal to start with on the Island" I said. "Follow me" With that we set out for the far side of the island as we made it there I began the lesson. "Okay, now look here" I told her pointing to the path in front of us. "What do you see" 

"Hoof marks" She said. 

"Yes and what kind are they?" I asked her.

"Well they look like a deer's" she said. 

"Good now what do you smell?" I asked here.

"I smell," she started "the scent of a young deer a doe maybe" she finished. 

"Can you hear anything?" I ask her. 

"Yes, straight ahead it sounds like grass being ripped so it is grazing" She said 

"Wonderful, now we take out our bows and nock an arrow" I told her and she did as instructed. "Now we get down low and move slowly as to not make any noise" and so we did and we crept up to a clearing. "Now take the shot, aim for where its heart should be we don't want it to suffer" I told her, and she drew her bow and aimed for it's heart and released . . . . . . straight in to the heart. "Well done now the less fun part I said going to the deer and gutting it and draining its blood.

"So that's it that was so much fun" Artemis said behind me, almost squealing "so when can I learn that part?" she asked. 

"You mean cleaning the meat, I'll teach you on something smaller next time when we do trapping" I told her. Gods she is so lovely do I love her I suppose only time will tell.      

--- Hope you guys enjoyed this story this is my first time doing a romance story and feedback is welcome see you all next time