We Capture a Flag

The recap is self explanatory Percy goes on the field trip, vaporizes his pre-algebra teacher and then gets expelled from Yancy academy. He goes home on a public bus which breaks down where he witnesses three old ladies knitting humongous socks. After reaching the bus station he takes a cab to his apartment where he is hassled for money by Gabe and told by his mom that they will be going to Montauk. Once at Montauk the clean the cabin and then go to sleep till the are woken up by a storm and the sound of clopping. Surprise it is Grover with goat legs, they are chased to Half-blood hill where they make there final stand against the Minotaur which has seemingly killed Percy's Mom and then he kills the Minotaur blacking out after the adrenaline wares off.

          Percy then wakes up in a cot being spoon fed a pudding like mixture which tastes like popcorn by a blonde girl who asks him what was stolen to which he says what and black outs again. Then he briefly comes to sees a man guarding the door with Eyes all over him and blacks out, when he finally comes to for good he is taken by his friend Grover to play Pinochle with their Latin teacher Mr. Brunner who reveals himself at the end of the game to be Chiron the centaur and mythical trainer of heroes. He then got bullied by Clarisse a daughter of Ares god of war and then doused them in toilet water. Then at dinner he offered a portion of his meal to which ever god was his father.  

Percy's POV:

          Over the next few days I settled into a routine that was almost normal not counting the lessons from nymphs satyrs and a centaur. Every morning I took Ancient Greek from Annabeth and we talked about the Greek gods in a present tense which felt normal to me. I also learned that Annabeth was right Ancient Greek did come more natural to me than English though I have taught my self to read English with great aptitude. 

          The rest of the day we rotated me between various outdoor activities, the first of which was Chiron's archery class. The first time I picked up a bow I got a flash I saw myself hunting with a young girl I was teaching her we were both in old and I emphasis old hunting gear, we came up to a herd of dear and I pulled out a bow said a prayer in Ancient Greek and bagged a buck. When I came out of it Chiron was trying to get my attention to get me into first form, the moment I knocked an arrow I immediately began firing at the target on instinct. The first arrow hit the target dead center, the second split the first, the third split the second and, the fourth split the third. 

          "Well done Percy I have never seen a first time student do that not even a known son of Apollo did that their first time" Chiron said, "Perhaps you are a son of Apollo though there are no similarities hmm. . ."

          "I don't know about being a son of Apollo when I picked up the bow I got a sort of flashback I was hunting with a young girl," I said "it was like right after that flash years of training with a bow came back to me it was weird" 

          After the archery lesson I had a footrace with a nymph which everyone including myself were surprised I won. Then after the foot race was wrestling which I beat my opponent like I had been wrestling for years which I hadn't. Then canoeing which was also a race that I won but this felt different not like I had done it before more like the boat obeyed my will. By now I could tell that the senior campers were trying to pick out my godly parent but it clearly wasn't easy. I seemed to be good at everything like I had done it all before. 'Ever since archery it's like dormant training came back to me' I thought. 

          Despite all of the confusion everything caused me I did find camp quite enjoyable. The morning fog became familiar to me and the smell of the strawberry fields was almost intoxicating in the hot afternoons. The forest and all of its monster noises was oddly comforting at night. Dinner was always fun with cabin eleven and every meal I would offer something to my father hoping to get a connection, which unfortunately never came. just the warm feeling I always had like he was smiling at me.