My New Life

??? POV:

I was just born, I can't even speak and this is the first time I actually get to see my Mom out of all of my reincarnations. She had hair that was long and brown with blue eyes that changed to different hues in the light, and her smile was as warm as a quilt wrapped around the body. I never cried why would I that smile made everything feel okay, but something nagged at me in the back of my head something felt familiar too me.

"Miss Jackson what do you want to name him?" A woman who I assumed was her doctor asked her.

"Perseus, Perseus Orion Jackson" my Mom said never taking her eyes from me. Not long after that Mom was discharged and we went home being driven by one of Mom's friends.

Sally's POV:

We just got home, my rather small apartment. Percy was asleep in my arms, I just turned on the light, only to see a bronze club with a note attached which I pulled off and read as follows.

 My love,

I know you rejected my offer but I can't in good conscience leave you and our child defenseless, so I gift you with this club it once belonged to one of my sons Orion may it serve you well. As well I feel I should warn you that as my child he will likely draw a lot of monsters due to his scent, I'm sorry I can't help more.

Yours truly,

Poseidon

"Well there goes my minute hope that you might have a normal life" I said to the sleeping Perseus, "I'll find a way to protect you and keep you as close to me as possible"

Two year time skip Percy's POV:

Several times over the years I was losing myself well sort of I knew I was reincarnated and I knew I chose to be reincarnated but I couldn't remember all the details, almost like they were on the tip of my tongue or brain I guess. Anyway when I was younger, which wasn't saying much but I digress, a snake had crawled into my crib and I apparently managed to strangle it to death. Right now Me and mom have just moved into her new Boyfriends place His name Is Gabe Ugliano, but I like calling him smelly Gabe. Mom only mentions my real Dad on My birthday saying he left shortly before I was born, but I don't know when ever I think about him I feel this warm glow almost like he is smiling at me.

Time skip to third grade

I am now in third grade, and life has been fun not Smelly Gabe is the worst. First off he smells like bad garlic pizza if it was stuffed in sweaty shorts and left to stew in the sun for a month, the weird thing is he showers insanely often I just don't get it. Secondly he is rather abusive, verbally most of the time, but if I do anything wrong even if its by accident he will get physical and mom can't help because she is almost always working. Finally I'm pretty sure that the abuse doesn't apply to just me I'm pretty sure that he hurts Mom when I'm not around.

Anyway right now I'm at school on the playground I was chilling reading a book on Greek myths because Mom got me hooked on them, I looked up from a story about Polyphemus to see a tall man in a trench coat with broad shoulders just on the other side of the fence staring at me. Before things could escalate the bell rang signifying the end of Recess. We all went inside and I thought that was the end of it till I got back to my desk for our English lesson I have a bit of trouble with English because according to my doctor I have Dyslexia as well as ADHD but I have been reading for awhile now and have gotten relatively used to what happens in my head. Anyway during a break in me reading out loud to the class, I have already read the book we were reading, I looked over to see the same guy from before staring at me looking closer I saw he had one eye he was a cyclops. He never tried anything just stared at me eventually the teacher noticed I wasn't paying attention and saw me staring at the man, to which she freaked out and called the office who went out to the man and threatened to call the police ending up with him leaving. It didn't bother me but I couldn't place why I guess it was that he didn't feel threatening to me oh well.

Time skip to Fourth grade

Currently I am on a field trip with my fourth grade class an a behind the scenes tour of the sea world. We saw so many cool sea creatures like the great pacific octopus which was so cool as well as some unique species of sea anemone and many species of crabs and mollusks. Right now we were beginning to got to the shark exhibits currently we are on a catwalk with me looking down into the tank specifically to see the sharks we were near which was the Great white shark. The class was beginning to move on to the next exhibit and with me looking out at the sharks I reached up and accidently grabbed the lever that retracts the cat walk and it was well pulled with me and my class going for an un planned swim. This led to my first expulsion.

Time skip

Currently I am twelve and going to a private school in upstate New York called Yancy Academy. I really enjoy it here I have pretty good grades in all my classes especially in my Latin class, which is my favorite class with my favorite teacher Mr. Brunner, a really nice man with kind let old brown eyes with brown hair and an old fashioned beard. He was a paraplegic and as such confined to a motorized wheelchair but that never got him down, especially on challenge day were he wore Roman style armor or maybe it was Greek and brandished a Greek sword challenging us to name every Greek person who ever lived and there parents and any known children it was so much fun. Then there is my best friend Grover, a scrawny boy with a muscular disease in his legs. I am also pretty sure that he was held back a few times because he is the only sixth grader with the start of a wispy beard on his chin. He gets picked on a lot and I am his only friend so I try to defend him the best I can.

"Hey Perce, are you ready for the trip tomorrow" Grover said.

"Um yeah, I mean we are going to go see old Greek artifacts that I already know most of the stories for said artifacts" I replied.

--- The next chapter will skip a decent amount of the first chapter with only a mild recap at the beginning but for the most part the events of the book are cannon through the chapters 1-7 ---