I Fight the God of War

Percy's POV:

          Kronos had really gotten me mad and that is saying something I have always been relatively cool headed, I had to be I am a hunter after all. I looked over to the Los Angeles Skyline and knew I had no way to finish my quest on time. Then I looked to the beach and saw something that got my blood boiling just like Kronos did taunting me, the god who had tricked us and tried to get the bolt to Kronos for him, Ares. We walked down from the pier to the beach and I stood before Ares in his black leather duster and sunglasses, an aluminum baseball bat propped up on his shoulder. His motorcycle rumbled beside him its head-light turning the sand red. 

          "Hey, Kid!" He said talking to me quite clearly an genuinely pleased to see me. "You were supposed to die." 

          "You tricked me," I said in a false calm voice. "You stole the helm and the master bolt didn't you?" 

          He gave a wicked grin. "Well I didn't steal them personally. Gods can't take each others symbols of power. That's a big no-no. But your not the only hero good at running errands heh heh." 

          "Oh, well do tell who did you use Clarisse?" I asked back with a fair amount of sass.

          "Doesn't matter your impeding the war effort. See you've got to die in the Underworld, then Old Seaweed Brain will be mad at Hades for killing you. Corpse Breath will have Zeus' Master bolt so he'll be mad at him, and Hades is still looking for this ..." from his pocket he pulled out a black ski mask it morphed in to an elaborate bronze helmet after he placed it between the handle bars of his bike. 

          "The helm of darkness!" Grover said. 

          "Bingo, now as for your back pack that is the ..." Ares began.

          "Master Bolts sheath shape shifted and had the spell modified so the bolt would only return once we entered the underworld," I said. 

          "Woah that was a surprisingly good guess kid" Ares said. 

          "Yeah well I have quite a lot of life experience for my age," I retorted. Grover and Annabeth laughed at my joke. "Now then Why don't you stop listening to the old man whispering in your ear and return the helm to Hades or I'll make you I am running a little late for something you know." 

          "What do you mean by that," he said then his eyes glazed over briefly before he returned for what he is saying. "Oh your funny kid you think you can take me on the god of f*^king war, I'd pulverize you." 

          "Oh I'd like to see you try," I said right back at him knowing I had him right where I want him. 

          "Okay, we'll do this. Name the Weapon I'll beat you down with it." Ares said getting mad. 

          "Lets use the sword, Annabeth here take these, keep them safe for me kay." I said passing over my bow and quiver to her. 

          "You finally ready, Punk?" Ares asked me. 

          "Yeah don't worry big guy I'll free you from his control," I said getting into my stance. Ares shifted his aluminum bat into a bronze two-handed sword sized the hilt a silver skull.

          "Ready to die? squirt," Ares asked I nodded my head. He lifted up his sword and with speed made a move to cleave my head in two, I evaded the attack by rushing froward and dove between his legs slashing his thigh in the process. "AHHH," his golden blood ran down my bed and stained the sand gold. He swung his sword around and attempted to slash my arm off I parried his blade away, and in his confusion dove between his legs again and slashed at his other thigh. 

          "Come on big guy, you can break from his control use your emotions. You got this." I yelled at him this got his attention and he seemed to be conflicted with himself. I could see it he was fighting him forcing him out of his mind.

         "Percy what are you doing? Why are you trying to get him mad?" Annabeth asked. 

         "Obviously because he is under Kronos' control has been since he caught the real thief," I called back. "As for who that is I don't know but Ares might once I free him." 

         Ares swung his blade half-heartedly at me, I parried and threw my sword forward at his hilt twisting my blade against his and pulling off the disarming technique I learned at camp. From there I took a jump and using the pommel of my blade whacked him on his forehead with enough force to knock him out. His large body fell backward in the sand completely knocked out. His wounds were still bleeding so after placing the cap back on Riptide and pocketing it I used my powers and felt the now familiar tug in my gut as water came up and surrounded Ares. I made the water heal him as it would me and after the water returned to normal, he was still out.

          I heard the flapping of leathery wing as I picked up the helm of darkness. "I saw everything, it really wasn't you." The fury who had been Mrs. Dobbs said as the tree landed her in the middle. 

          I tossed her the helm, she caught it in surprise. "Kindly return that to Lord hades for me, I still need to find a ride back to Olympus." 

          "Live long, Percy Jackson, and become a true hero" she said as they flew off back to the underworld. I heard movement from Ares and walked back to his side. 

          "You feeling better big guy, and I hope you can forgive me for the injuries I healed them the best I could." I said as Ares came too. 

          "What happened last thing I remember was catching the thief, then nothing." Ares said. 

          "Yeah that was shortly after the Winter solstice, it is now the Summer solstice and my quest was to find the bolt. You for that entire time were under the control of Kronos with the goal to start a war among the Big Three." I told him.

          "Summer solstice? We need to get the bolt back to Olympus!" his memories during his time under Kronos came back he remembered the Deadline or there would be war. "You three come here we need to hurry this will be far faster." He directed us in front of him and held us close together. "Keep your eyes closed well I do this." I felt a large amount of energy surround us as I assumed he flashed us away to mount Olympus, he keeled over slightly and rested on his knee. "That is the best I could do right now my energy is drained quickly take the bolt to the council room, I join eventually." 

          "No way are we leaving you here, No man left behind after all, besides your supposed to be a the meeting too." I said hoisting him up onto my shoulder and onto his feet. I helped him all the way up the road and to the council room it was a hard task and along one. By the time we got to the meeting it was nearly midnight, "That took longer than I thought, lets head in."