Orion's Death and Artemis' Eternal Vow

Orion's POV:

Tonight was Artemis' second lesson and I was getting things set up, I just needed to gather reeds to show her how to make some traps for smaller swifter prey. I Just finished splitting them when Artemis arrived, "Okay todays lesson is on how to prepare some traps for smaller prey the goal is a rabbit tonight" I told her.

"Why don't we hunt it in the same way as the deer?" Artemis asked as I handed her some reeds.

"Rabbits can be swift and at night they tend to be hard to spot so trapping them is our best bet" I told her while I grabbed my own reeds. "Okay so start pulling the reeds in to strips like this" I said showing her my reeds being stripped, "then you can weave them together into a lot of things rope or baskets tonight we are going for rope" I said all the while braiding the strips of reeds into a rope. "The trap itself is called a snare essentially the rabbit will step over a hidden loop of the rope and then grab at food the will act as a trigger for the trap" I explained while finishing the rope.

"Okay, that makes sense but how did you make your rope?" She asked. I walked over to her and grabbed the reed strips and began to braid them slowly together to show her.

"Just like that, now you try" I told her. she did really well for her first attempt. "Not bad, not bad your handiwork is coming along moon dove"

"Moon dove?" she asked playfully. "What's that about"

"Oh it is only a nickname if you don't like it I can just use your real name" I told her.

"No, no I like it just fine. Okay I need to come clean about something" She said.

"Oh what like how you were taught to hunt by wolves" I said as I turned around to grab my spare knife "Cause don't worry I already knew that."

"Yeah, wait what then why did you agree to teach me?" She asked.

"I agreed to teach you because well it is something more todo being alone on an island for so long gets boring I guess I just wanted you to be around more" I told her as she finished packing up what we were using for the traps.

"Oh that is so sweet, Orion How long have you been alone on this island?"

"Since My mom died when I was ten she used to tell me stories about you and my dad and all the gods really. As best as I can figure I am 15 years old it is hard to keep track" I told her.

"And who is your dad?" she asked.

"Poseidon god of the sea and many other titles, the only thing he gave me was that club" I told her as I looked away holding back some tears, then I felt her hands around me she was embracing me trying to make me feel better.

"Its okay everything will be okay little Island Cub" she said. I started laughing "what you gave me a nickname only fair I give you one" she said starting to pout.

"No no it's not that its just its kind of funny hearing that from the mouth of someone younger than me is all" I said still laughing slightly.

"Well technically I am older than you this is just how I prefer to look" She said.

"True you got me there" I replied sneaking up on her to return the hug. "How about we have leftovers and just spend the night together, I mean you already now what I am going to teach you"

"Fine she said leaning into the hug, that sounds like a lovely Idea" she replied 'Oh I think I am actually falling in love I never would have thought about it before but he is so nice unlike the other boys'. With that we spent the night in my cave eating the leftovers from the previous night and talking lead to cuddling and cuddling lead to sleeping.

Zeus' POV: 

I was checking up on my daughters nightly ride through the sky when I found that the chariot was driving itself. Frantically I looked around trying to find my daughter and I found her sleeping in the hands of a mortal boy I took her away and brought her back home calling a meeting with Apollo.

"Apollo, I found your sister sleeping in a cave with a man that is why I called this meeting I believe the man had ill intentions towards her I want you to carry a giant scorpion to his Island during the day I believe he normally sleeps then in order to kill him" Zeus told Apollo.

"Someone was messing with Artemis no problem, it will be taken care of" Apollo replied. With that Apollo left towing a giant scorpion to the island I found Artemis on.

Artemis POV:

The sun shown very brightly through my window. I began to rise waking from my slumber, as I awoke I began to notice that I was not with Orion in his cave I was in my home on Mount Olympus 'oh Zeus must have found me, oh no Zeus must have found me I raced to council room "Father it was not what you think I went down to him willingly all we did was spend the night talking and I fell asleep cuddling up to him it was cold in the cave nothing happened" I told my father.

"You went down there willingly, that is worse gods are not meant to mingle with mortals it is forbidden" my father yelled the sound of thunder booming as he did.

"That is so hypocritical how many children have you had with mortal woman, least of all to mention he is Poseidon's son" I screamed.

"Well that doesn't matter he will soon be dead and that will be it" he replied smugly sitting back on his throne.

"What, no he is the only man I have ever felt this way with what is wrong with you" I yelled running to my chariot. I have to get there as fast as possible and so I sped through the sky to Orion's island.

Orion's POV:

I awoke with a start upon hearing a horrible piercing screech, "What was that" I yell rushing out of my cave and seeing a colossal scorpion I ran and grabbed my weapons. Running out of my cave I nocked an arrow and took aim at one of the beasts many eyes and let the arrow lose it ruptured into a green substance, and the scorpion let out a tremendous wail of pain. The beast lashed out and I failed to dodge its stinger it striking me in the side of my gut I felt my insides burning. With a wail of my own I let loose more arrows destroying its eyes and peppering its joints. The beast had trouble moving now so I took my club and hunting knife one in each hand. I rushed with the little strength I had left leaping into the air I threw my knife into the point on the top of its head where it embedded. I then landed on top of the beast and used my club to drive the knife into the beasts brains ending its life. I climbed off the beast and layed down against the entrance of my cave knowing my life would soon cease. In the distance I barely could make out my little moon doves chariot coming towards me. I closed my eyes and rested.

Artemis POV:

I rushed to my beloved's island when I got there I saw the damage to the landscape I ran to Orion's body. "My love please be okay please" I noticed a faint pulse and tried to wake him.

"Oh, my lovely moon dove. I vow on the river Styx I will see you again in the next. . . ." He said before his breath and heart ceased.

"No, no no no" I cried shaking the heaven I scooped up his body, "I vow on the river Styx to remain a maiden forever" I said in my anger and sadness my sobs mixing with the thunder to confirm my vow. I carried his body lovingly into the heavens making the constellation Orion the hunter, and in fury when I went back down to his island I threw the body of the scorpion into the heavens creating Scorpio in the exact opposite side of the sky from my love. Finally I broke down crying for an entire night and day.

-I know someone was looking forward to this and I hope you still enjoy it the next chapter won't be for a bit but enjoy-