Artemis Gets A Clue

--- This chapter will initially take place shortly after the last one. --- 

Artemis' POV:

          I walked out of my tent to ask the others to prepare dinner a bit quicker seeing as Grace hasn't eaten since this morning. I looked over to the tree line to see Phoebe talking with Night Owl then I saw her hug him, she must have been right it was really him. She wouldn't have hugged any other man, I walked over to her and asked her what they had talked about. 

          "Well we didn't talk about much my lady," she said. "But he did mention why he does this and well you won't like it." 

          "Why exactly won't I like it Phoebe he has added how many member to our hunt counting his previous life?" I asked her. 

          "Well you see he," she began clearly thinking this over quite hard. "He is in love with you." 

          "I am sorry what?" I asked her again thinking I must have miss heard her. 

          "He is in love with you, and him bringing them here is his way of expressing it." she said practically screaming it out for the whole camp to hear. 

          "How can he be in love with me I don't even know who he actually is in this life or his last." I told her. 

          "Whom loves thee Milady?" Zoe asked coming up to us. 

          "Night Owl apparently and him bringing the maidens here is his way of showing it." I told her she visibly got mad. 

          "Which way did he go Phoebe?" Zoe asked.  

          "Like I would tell you," is what she gave in response. "Anyway he also said something rather cryptic when I told him there was no way you would ever love him back." 

          "What did he say exactly?" I asked her. 

          "He said that once you learned who he originally was you might change your mind," She said. "Oh and that I have probably heard false stories about him from my seniors, whatever he meant by that." 

          "False stories you say," I repeated "Hm."

Around nine months later

          "False stories, Oh well I can figure it out later we have to go check up on a potential hunter prospect, or rather two." I said then I walked out of my tent and ordered the tear down of camp by 8:00 a.m. sharp. 

Time skip to later that day Percy's POV:

          As the fates decided, Annabeth and I were requested to join Thalia in picking up some demigods from a boarding school in Bar Harbor, Maine. Oh Right where are my manners, Thalia is the result of this last summers quest to heal well Thalia's tree to restore camps borders. Its this whole thing with the golden fleece working a little too well but hey now I am not the only living child of the big three. Oh and I have been meaning to catch her up with my whole deal you know about being an impossibly old reincarnation many times over that remembers everything from those lives. Anyway Thalia has black hair much mike mine and electric blue eyes that were stunning to look at and just wasn't the same imagining it. 

          "Hey Perce, you doing okay?" Annabeth asked me. 

          "Yeah, I still need to catch Thalia up on everything you know," I told here. 

          "Oh you mean you-know-what, your mom knows right?" she replied. 

          "Yeah, she does. Oh looks like we are here" I said pointing out the window. 

Time skip to after the events at Westover hall.

Artemis' POV:

          We were too late, the Manticore took one of our hunter prospects with him over a cliff and disappeared somehow. Annabeth chase is currently missing and Percy Jackson is refusing the safety of my hunter's camp, out of respect he says. He is taking his anger out using a bow and firing it at a knot in a tree. 

          I walked over to him, "Quite the archer you are, Son of Poseidon." I said spooking him. 

          "Lady Artemis I thought you were meeting with Bianca?" he asked. 

          "That's already been over she joined the hunt," I said waving it off. "I really wanted you at the meeting as well to give your two cents on the situation, but I was informed you refused to set foot in camp." 

          "No man is allowed in the Hunt their camp or otherwise," he replied. 

          "Interesting many a Man would dream to enter my camp?" I replied questionably. 

          "Well I take vows very personally," he said flicking his hand with his bow and it disappeared into a ring on his hand. 

          "Fascinating trick," I commented. 

          "My mom enchanted it I wanted something similar to how you and your hunters summon your bows. This is the best we could come up with and like my Sword it will return to my ring finger should we be separated." He told me.   

          "Amazing is your mother a demigod? a daughter of Hecate perhaps." I asked. 

          "Nope she can see through the mist and carries favor with Hecate that's all," He said. 

          "And the bow, originally a gift from my brother, yes?" I asked he nodded. "Okay then well what do you make of what the monster spoke of?" 

          "I think that Atlas the Titan General has been freed and he is working with Luke Castellan," He said. "Oh and powerful monsters are stirring from Tartarus." 

          "Yes I had gathered as much about the monsters I must go on a solo hunt for a bit, and I want you to see that my hunters make it safely to Camp," I told him. "I have requested a ride for you all with my brother." 

          "I shall do as you wish Lady Artemis," he said.   

          'He reminds me of Orion,' I though to my self. 'The real Orion the man I loved. It's not hard to see why, he looks just like him apart from the cloths' I looked down forlorn and walked away, for a moment I swear I saw the same expression reflected on his face.

--- As promised this chapter featured them together and talking, we are getting to the good part folks I hope you all enjoy. ---