I Clear my Name

Percy's POV:

          We opened the doors and upon looking inside it appeared that the meeting was over as all the thrones formed in U shape were empty except for two at the end. In one sat at the head throne on the right wore a dark blue pinstriped suit. He sat upon a throne of pure platinum and had a well-trimmed beard, marbled grey and black like a storm cloud. His face was proud and handsome and grim, his eyes are a rainy gray. I deduced he was the lord of the skies himself Zeus. 

          To his right on a throne that resembled a deep-sea fisherman's chair, it was the simple swiveling kind with a black leather seat and a built in holster for a fishing pole sat my father. Instead of a pole, the holster held a bronze trident, flickering with a green light. He wore leather sandals, khaki Bermuda shorts, and a Tommy Bahama shirt with coconuts and parrots all over it. His skin was deeply tanned, his hands scarred like an old fisherman's. His hair was black like mine, his face had the same brooding look that always got me branded me rebel and his eyes sea green like mine. His eyes were surrounded by sun-crinkles that told me he smiled a lot, too.

          I stepped forward to the middle of the throne room and pulled off my backpack bowing and holding it out. "Lord Zeus I have brought back your master bolt as I have been quested to do," I said. "Furthermore I now know who truly ordered the theft of you bolt."

          The two god shrank down to the mortal size and walked up to me starting a discussion between themselves. "So you still claim him as yours brother?" Zeus asked my father Poseidon. 

          "I do and I own up to my mistake of breaking our oath, but he has made me proud." Poseidon said and looked down to me giving me a warm smile like I always pictured in my mind. "I think we should hear him out as well as I don't believe he stole it." 

          "Fine simply because he brought my Bolt back to me I will hear him out," Zeus said. "Speak hero." 

          "Your Father Kronos stir and he used a hero that would be on Olympus during the Winter solstice to steal your Master bolt and Lord Hades' Helm of darkness," I said. "He even used said thief to place a spell on your son Ares Lord Zeus so that he will work with the plan to cause all out war between you three." 

          "Ares is this true?" Zeus asked to Ares who was walking over to confirm my claims.

          "Yes, Percy's claim is true. when you sent me out to find the thief I did only for Kronos to use him to place me under his control. Beyond that Percy brought me back to my senses by fighting me to bring my emotions high enough to fight Kronos off." Ares said now back to some of his strength being this close to his throne.

          "Then who is the real Thief?" Zeus and Poseidon asked together. 

          "I don't know," me and Ares Replied. 

          "I didn't figure it out from what Kronos said at the pit," I offered. 

          "And I don't remember who I caught that night at least not yet," Ares said. 

Time skip to later

          My father assured me that Hades had returned my mother home after sending back the helm of darkness. I am in a cab on my way to my mothers apartment, apparently Ares helped clear up all the things I was accused of happy to be mistaken as a villain if it meant I could live a somewhat normal life in the mortal world. I told Annabeth and Grover I would join them at camp later but for now I needed to see my Mom. 

           All through out the ride I remembered what else Dad had said, I would find a package in my room and how only I could decide my fate. he also said he was proud of my though he was sorry he had brought me a heroes fate, I have always had one even when my past lives were mortal. The cab came to a stop and I gave him his money I walked up the steps and to the door, I rang the door bell and there she was smelling of peppermint and licorice. 

          "Percy! Oh, thank goodness. Oh, my baby." She crushed me in a bear hug I'll admit it my eyes were misty. She told me she appeared here this morning scaring Gabe out of his wits. Gabe came into view and saw me. 

          "Get me my phone I'll call the cops!" He said. 

          "Gabe No he didn't do anything," My mom said. 

          "Like hell he still destroyed my Camaro and ran away, He can stay gone cause I'm not dealing with him." He yelled back. "I'll give you 5 minutes to grab your stuff and get out."

          "Come on Percy we'll go to your room," Mom said pulling me to my room I saw what dad meant right in front of me was the package I sent to him on Olympus with return to sender on it. 

          "Mom do you want Gabe gone?" I asked her softly tearing my eyes away from the box.

          "Percy it isn't that simple ..." she said. 

          "Just tell me. Do. You. Want. Him. Gone?" I asked again. She hesitated for a moment the nodded.

          "Yes, Percy. I do. I'm trying to get up the courage to tell him, but you can't solve my problems." She said. 

          "Mom one look in that box," I gestured to it. "And he can't bother you ever again. Now I'll leave it up to you I leave like he wants and you decide." 

          "Where will you go?" She asked me. 

          "I'll go to Camp and stay there till the end of summer," I told her hugging her tight. "You just come by tell Chiron he'll tell me and I'll be back for the start of school no problem."

          With that I left the apartment leaving Gabe's fate up to my Mom and I caught another cab to long island.