We Catch A Ride With the Sun God

Percy's POV:

          I looked at the ground sadly for awhile after my chat with Artemis 'Why can't I just tell her? this is the only life I have come so close to her that I could have easily told her," I thought to myself. "No I can't tell her till I meet the other requirement," I thought looking up to the constellation Orion. Two more years and my time is up I have to surmount the lifespan placed on me by any means necessary, then I can tell her. 

          "Hey Perce you doing ok," Grover said coming over to me. 

          "Yeah," I said wiping away a very small tear fell from my face. "Yeah, you know what I was thinking about I'm sure." 

          He nodded, "Yeah, you don't want to tell her till you know you can spend time with here right?" He said. 

          "Something like that," I said. "Come on we are catching a ride with the Sun God." 

          "We are doing what now," He replied. 

          I walked us to the clearing that Artemis walked to wait for her brother, "Hey is he on his way let?" I asked her the Hunters all drew their bows on me. "Chill I would never hurt her nor any of you it was just a question." 

         "Yes he is on the way," Artemis replied to me. "He is always so lazy during Winter." 

         "Well we should all look away so we don't blind our selves as he parks," I said. 

         "I was just about to say that how do you know so much about the sun chariot?" Artemis asked me. 

         "I hang out with his kids at the archery range and I am camps top archer eventually you just make small talk," I told her. 

         "We shall have a contest while we are at camp," Zoe said walking up to me. 

         "As you wish lieutenant," I replied. "We should look away now" I pointed to the sun rising, all of us looked away apart from Artemis.   

          "Wow," Thalia said. "Apollo is Hot." 

          "He is the Sun God," I said. 

          "Not what I meant Seaweed brain," 

          "I know," I said "just remember Thalia he is your brother." 

          "And Annabeth is technically your cousin you point is?" she replied. 

          "Thalia well Annabeth has those kind of feelings for me they are not mutual, I assure you." I told her. 

          "Little sister!" Apollo called "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!" 

          Artemis Sighed. "I'm fine Apollo. And first I am not your little sister, second You know why I don't call you." 

          "Come your still on about that it was millennia ago," Apollo commented. "Besides we were just made Olympians I had to follow fathers orders." 

          "Oh I am aware it is why I hold a grudge against both of you," she replied. 

          "What are they arguing about," Thalia whispered to me. 

          "No one knows," Phoebe answered her "except for Zoe." 

          "Oh I know Phoebe," I said. "After all there are many 'Myths' that center around those two." 

          "As If a male like thee could ever hope to know mi lady's secret," Zoe spat at me. 

          "Oh really, mind if I confirm my suspicions Lieutenant?" I asked her. 

          "And how would thee like to do that?" she asked me. 

          "I could whisper it in your ear?" I offered. 

          "Very well you may approach me," she said. 

          I walked up to her and leaned in to her ear and whispered one word, "Orion." I stepped back and could tell by her expression I was right. 

          "The male guessed right," Phoebe said. 

          "Wait really Percy got it right," Thalia said. "So what are they arguing about." 

          "I forbid thee from saying it male." Zoe said grabbing her hunting knife and seemingly rushing me catching me off guard, but I leaped away. "Where did he go?" 

          "I wouldn't dream of revealing that secret, at least not yet I mean I have secrets of my own after all," I said from a tree branch. 

          "How did you do that none of us saw you?" Phoebe asked. 

          "Oh you know how I did it Phebes," I said to her and winked. 

          She got the message to not reveal who I was, "how long have you been training?" 

          "Not long, old skills just resurfaced when I was twelve" I told her. 

          "Okay I am off and remember Apollo no flirting or touching my Hunters." 

          "Wouldn't dream of it," Apollo replied and once she was gone turned to us dangling his keys "now who wants to drive?"

          "Um I don't think your Mah-sarati can fit all of us," Nico said I almost forgot he was here. 

          "Nico is right my lord, do you think you can adjust the shape of your Chariot to accommodate us?" I asked calmly.  

          "Oh yeah you kiddies are right, lets see now." Apollo said examining his key fob and pressing a button that turned the Sun Chariot into a Bus with a sign flipping to say student driver. "Now then lets see," He pointed to me, "risky enough just flying you there," he pointed at Grover, "not mature enough yet," and he landed on Thalia, "ah a daughter of Zeus your made for the skies you will do nicely."

          I looked over a Thalia and saw something that made me nervous she was sweating, 'is she afraid of heights,' "Hey Nico your sitting with me," I said. 

          "But I wanted to sit with my sister," he argued. 

          "Firstly your sister is one of the Hunters now secondly," I said looking at Thalia again. "I am just trying to keep you safe, I can't silver tongue our way into having Apollo Drive and Thalia seems to be afraid of heights." I whispered that last part to him. 

          "Why would she be afraid of heights she is a daughter of Zeus isn't she?" He asked me. 

          "Yeah she is but there could be a multitude of reasons," I said. "Now time to get on the bus."

          We had a great start leading to her white knuckle driving and scorching a New England town, "Thalia Pull up we scorched a town there," I called up front she yanked up on the wheel. "And now it is freezing over, Nico come here." 

          "Thalia Dear we are freezing over New England so just push down on the wheel," Apollo said trying to calm her down. 

          "I got it," she grunted out and we took a nose dive, towards camp.

          "Thalia aim for the lake," I called up to her "I can keep us safe there." She turned the wheel slightly and we went to the lake surprising the Naides who just woke up and began weaving new baskets. I stretched my powers to let everyone breath well we evacuated and and to keep them dry so they didn't freeze in the early morning. After we got to land I asked "is everyone okay do we have everything from the Chariot?" everyone nodded and I used the lake to pull the Chariot out of the lake and place it on dry land, "There you go lord Apollo you should head off to keep the world on time."

         "Right you are Perce, my boy see you all later." He said getting back in to his now Maserati and blasting off again.

         "I say that was an amazing success wouldn't you agree everyone," I said and then my adrenaline left me and I fell face forward into the lite snow on the ground.