A New Quest Begins

Percy's POV:

          After that I was tasked with bringing the Oracle back up to the attic, then we had a meeting about the prophecy. The meeting was held around the Ping-Pong table, Dionysus must have shown up suddenly to conduct his job during the meeting. He waved his hand summoning supplied snacks chez whiz, crackers, and several bottles of red wine. "Mr. D," I interrupted gesturing to the wine. 

          "What?" he looked again. "Right the damn restrictions," he snapped his fingers and the wine changed to diet coke. "Better?" he asked me. 

          "Quite," I said giving him a warm smile, Thalia tapped my shoulder to get my attention. "What?" I whispered to her. 

          "Why didn't he get mad at you?" she asked me. 

          "I spend time helping him out with his job and playing pinochle with him and Chiron since most people don't like training with me when I am at camp," I explained quietly. "It isn't exactly a friendship, at least I don't think so but he enjoys having another player." 

          "Huh," was her only response.

          "Okay so what all did I miss?" Mr. D asked the group several were just eating the snacks or drinking their drinks. 

          I looked over at Zoe she seemed to be thinking but Bianca who had kind of become her assistant got her attention for me she understood what I was asking and gave me permission to explain to Mr. D for her while she thought. "Zoe here was issued a Prophecy by the Oracle who explicitly sought her out in the woods." I explained, "The prophecy seems to detail how a group of five must go on a quest to save her lady on a mountain most likely from one of the titans curses." 

          "Okay then it is clear a quest is in order," He said aloud. "Zoe please speak the Prophecy?" 

          She was still distracted slightly, Bianca got her attention again. "Oh right, Five shall go west to the goddess in chains," She started. "One shall be lost in the land with out rain, The bane of Olympus shows the trail, Campers and Hunters combined prevail, The Titans curse must one withstand, And one shall perish by a parents hand." 

          "Well I should have expected as much when Percy said five were required, two will die for the quest to succeed." He thought to himself, "Who shall accompany you my dear?" 

          "I will take five of my hunters!" she announced looking me in the eyes apologetically. 

          "Your missing something, as usual," Thalia remarked. "Campers and Hunters combined prevail, we are supposed to do this together." 

          "No!" Zoe said back to her. "The Hunters do not need thy help." 

          "Your," Thalia grumbled standing up to meet her. "Nobody has said thy in like three hundred years, Zoe! Get with the times." 

          Zoe hesitated for a moment trying to form the word correctly. "Yerrr. We do not need yerrr help," she said finally.  

          "I fear my dear the prophecy says you do need our help," Chiron said. "Campers and Hunters must cooperate." 

          "Or do they?" Mr. D mused, swirling his Diet Coke under his nose like it had a fine bouquet. "One shall be lost. One shall perish. Sounds rather nasty to me, what if you fail because you try to cooperate?" 

          "Mr. D," Chiron sighed, "with all do respect, whose side are you on?" 

          Mr. D raised his eyebrows. "Sorry my dear centaur just musing to myself."