Chapter Twelve

WOLFF

I halted. I froze. I stopped breathing. I blinked a couple of times to make sure I wasn't imagining the sight of Mariana sleeping on my bed. I wasn't. I inched closer until I was standing at the foot of my bed and there she was, soundlessly asleep and looking like an angel. Her cheeks were still flushed and she had never looked more beautiful that my heart ached.

God, she was so beautiful.

How could I touch her? How could I take care of her with the kind of fire that would burn us both alive? I wanted to be normal for her. I wanted to kiss her with a passion and gentleness she deserved, I wanted to wrap my arms around her in an embrace that would be nothing but warm, I wanted to make love to her and not fuck her mindlessly. I wanted...I wanted to love her.

But I knew enough to know I wasn't capable of feeling something greater than lust. I would always choose pleasure above anything else. Love was not an emotion my body was built for.

As if on cue, my cock hardened beneath the soft fabric of the towel wrapped around my waist. It didn't matter that I already rubbed one out in the shower. I wanted to do it again, especially with her in my bed. But it was so wrong. She was sleeping and she was drunk, for fuck's sake.

A growl slipped off my lips, causing her to stir. Her heavy lids fluttered open and she—

"Mariana, fuck, what are you doing?" My breath hitched as her hands dragged the hem of her skirt up like she had done earlier on the stairs, only this time, it was way higher that she flashed me a sight of her torturous baby pink thong.

"It's so hot in here." The little whimper that came out of her went straight to my groin. My nails dug deep enough to scrape the insides of my palm as I watched her squirm out of her top, scratching the fabric as if it was extraneous. The view of her tight stomach and supple tits almost overspilling from that matching baby pink bra drove me over the edge. I had not been able to suppress a strained moan. God, I needed to stop this. This was wrong. So wrong.

"Wolff," another whimper and I lost it.

Fuck.

Placing one knee on my mattress, I gripped Mariana's hips and flipped her over. Her ass jutted out like pure sin. My cock stirred beneath my pants and the urge to rub it up and down between the sensual curves of her ass hit me so strong that my hands fisted the sheets. I had to keep my hands occupied somehow or else I'd—god, I'd smack her, grope her, pull those ridiculous panties to the side and feel her slick wetness all over my fingers.

Goddammit, she was killing me.

"Mariana," I growled, the warning clear in my voice. "Please, get the fuck out."

She huffed, "No!"

For fuck's sake.

I couldn't help it. I spanked her. Hard. Mariana yelped and arched her back as if she liked it. Goddammit, she liked it. My blood rushed down below my hips and I grew so painfully hard I had to rub my erection through my towel to receive any kind of contact or else I was going to go insane.

Shit shit shit. This was going too far.

I cursed and dropped my hand before I could blow my load. Scrambling to my bedside table, I grabbed my phone and called Axel while trying so hard not to glance at Mariana's barely-covered ass.

He answered at the fifth ring, "What's wrong?"

My grip on the phone tightened despite my shaking hands. "Mariana's on my bed. She's drunk, Axel and I can't—I need you here. Please."

My voice cracked at my last words and Axel cursed before saying, "Okay, I'll be there in five." He paused and I heard footsteps and a car starting on his end. "Kurt?"

"Yeah?" I rasped.

"You won't hurt her, I know you won't."

My lids fluttered close at the softness of his voice, at the sincerity and honesty that I didn't deserve. I hung up before I could argue. He was wrong and he knew it. He knew exactly what I was capable of and yet he gave me lies for comfort.

Axel arrived at exactly five minutes later and the look that crossed his face when he entered my room and saw Mariana's almost naked body felt like a punch in the gut. He winced before pulling down the hem of her skirt to cover up her ass. He opened one of my dressers, grabbed a black shirt and tugged it down over Mariana's head. She was asleep, but not enough to go willingly when Axel lifted her up bridal-style.

"No! I like it here." She protested, trying to grab onto my sheets. "It smells like Wolff."

I stiffened. My chest wrenched at the simple words coming from her. God, I couldn't take it. She shouldn't say things like that. It was...too much. Too good when it shouldn't be.

I cleared my throat. "Get her out of here." Then I took off and locked myself in my bathroom.