Chapter Twenty-six

WOLFF

Mariana's soft skin glowed under the bright morning light, the freckles on her shoulders looking tantalizing the longer I stare. And fuck, her curves in that white lace underwear and bralette should be illegal.

I hadn't thought this through. I really didn't. And now I'm struggling to keep my hands to myself in the middle of nowhere with the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. Who was going to stop me if I stripped her naked? Or fuck her right here at the edge of the lake?

"Swim with me?" Her voice was a soothing caress against my internal struggle. My body eased almost instantaneously as those same soothing fingers brushed the length of my arm.

I nodded, letting her take my arm and lead us into the water, further and further until our lower bodies were submerged. She stopped, turning around to slide her arms around my neck and put our faces so close I could almost taste her lips.

"Thank you," she muttered, looking right into my eyes. The smile she gave me was a pull to my own. I wanted to taste that smile, drink it, consume it until I could no longer remember my name. "Thank you for everything you did for me since I met you. You gave me a home and everything I could only imagine back then. You gave me an escape."

I toyed with the strand of hair that slipped free from her messy bun, twirling it around my finger and savoring every part of her that she allows me to. "You don't regret it?" I asked, my voice low and wary. "I basically kept you against your will, remember? It was messed up. The arrangement and every—"

"I don't care," she sighed. "None of that matters now. I love every single messed up thing that led me straight to you." Her fingers combing through my hair felt like a tug to my throbbing cock, but it was the honesty in her voice and in her soft eyes that severed something inside me; warmed something frigid and beckoned me closer.

I kissed her. And it wasn't like before. It wasn't like memorizing every curve of her lips and basking in the heat of her mouth and every glide of her tongue against mine. It was a claiming.

There was vulnerability and desperation conjoined into one, creating a potent combination that made everything around us seem so small, seem so plain and simple compared to what I was feeling for her. I feel for her. And it wasn't just about the primal urge to be deep inside her. I wanted to be with her.

"Mariana," I gasped her name as both my hands cupped her beautiful face. God, it was too much. I felt like I was about to weep.

"I'm right here." She assured, dropping a light kiss on my palm as if she could feel how close I was to breaking down. "I trust you, Wolff. I'm yours."

Christ. I groaned, "Say that again."

She inched closer, the water around us seeming to still just as my heart stopped fucking beating when she opened her mouth and said, "I'm yours, Wolff Finnegan."

Forget the lake. Forget the cold breeze against our skin. Forget control. Forget everything else that wasn't Mariana and her lips and her body that's waiting to be taken.

"Let's head back." It was both an order and a plea.

The swim back to the edge of the lake and the walk towards the front of the cabin was a blur. I think I was shaking. Or might be shaking. Imagine dangling lit tobacco sticks in front of a chainsmoker who hasn't had a hit in what seemed like forever. Imagine presenting premium whiskey to an alcoholic who was trying to be sober but never could. That was me.

I was over the fucking edge.

Pinning Mariana against the door and claiming her lips was like inhaling a fraction of cocaine, just a little bit from that line of powder, and a little more until I knew I wouldn't be able to get enough.

The moans that filled my ears as I sucked and nibbled on her neck and the soft skin over her plump breasts was like downing those little tequila shots, making me more drunk as they went from tiny whimpers to panting my name.

I hiked both her legs on each sides of my waist until my hardness was aligned with her soft heat. I thrusted once, suppressing that monstrous grunt by squeezing her hips, pulling her closer to me. "Feel how hard you make me?"

"Yes. God, yes. I'm ready," Mariana cried, rolling her hips against me. "Please, Wolff. I'm so fucking ready."

"I know, baby." I pressed against her again, seeking that god-heavenly feeling of her heat. "I can feel how wet you are."

She whimpered, clinging onto me tighter. Before I could lose my goddamn mind, I flung the door open. It only took a few steps before Mariana was laid flat underneath me, the soft-gray sectional sofa dipping beneath the weight of our bodies.

Leaning into Mariana, tasting her neck, placing light kisses down the little bruising spots I've sucked on the slope of her shoulder, inhaling her tranquilizing yet inebriating feminine scent, seemed like trading one addiction with another.

Looking down at her, she was flush-cheeked and hazy-eyed, thick wavy hair splayed undone, the curves of her chest rising up and down at the same rhythm as mine. I could easily be bewitched by her. I think I already am.

"Wolff," She toyed with her lip, eyes doing that thing that made it impossible to look away from her. "I want you so bad."

All too fast, my hands were removing the two pieces of lace from her body just as she was dragging my trunks past my ass, pulling me free and stroking me with the kind of desperation that was apparent in both her burning gaze and firm touch.

Before I could kneel down and taste her, Mariana already had her legs apart, pulling me closer to her, positioning me right on her entrance, her wet slit teasing the tip of my cock.

"Now, Wolff. Please." She licked her lips in anticipation, her arms looping possessively around my neck. "We've had enough of foreplay. You've teased me long enough already."

I grunted, taking hold of my cock and running the tip over the length of her pussy, letting her wetness lather all over my cock. "I want you to remember something," I paused, watching the desirous expression on her face turn into something wilder, bolder, and inflamed with a feral glint. "I'm as much yours as you are mine. If I get too rough, too lost in the pleasure...I want you to take control over me. Do whatever it takes to make me stop, or to remind me of the person I can be when I'm with you."

For a second too long, Mariana stared at my eyes, as if searching. "And what kind of person is that?"

"The kind who can be gentle." I dropped my mouth to hers and pulled back just barely an inch to whisper against her lips, "The kind who can love."

• • •

Author's note:

In honor of Mariana's first time, I made a new cover. Yay! What do you guys think of it?

Also, Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for those few who commented on my book, those who persisted on voting for my chapters, and those who kept on asking me for updates. I appreciate every single one of you, especially my mother, who I did not allow to read this book, but continued to support me. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have long given up on this book. I love you all🖤

Yours sincerely,
Ally

Dark Desireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें