Chapter Twenty-three

MARIANA

"Wolff, I am so sorry. I didn't see t—"

I didn't finish my sentence because I was pressed against the car door, his mouth on mine and his hands gripping my hips hard enough to bruise.

"You're amazing," he gasped against my mouth, pulling my lower lip with his teeth. "You're so sexy when you're angry."

I moaned in response, tilting my head to the side to deepen the kiss. As soon as our tongues met, we melted in each other's arms and became too lost in tasting each other that the noises around us seemed to disappear.

Soon, the only things I could hear were our heavy breathings, the thumping of my heart and the wet droplets falling on the roof of his car.

"Oh, crap. It's raining." I startled as I pulled away, then laughed as I realized that we hadn't even noticed when it started falling. Our hairs were already semi-soaked.

Wolff squinted up at the sky, his hair beginning to stick to his forehead. I didn't resist the urge to run my hands through them, smiling when he looked down and met my eyes. "We should probably go." He said, but made no move to disentangle from me.

I didn't either.

"I've never made out in the rain." I clasped my hands behind his neck, pulling him close.

Wolff pressed his forehead against mine. "Neither have I." Then he dropped his lips on mine, wet from the rain, warm from the heat of our breaths. They were soft despite their urgency, comforting despite the weight and depth they carried.

I wanted everything there was to Wolff Finnegan. Not just his body, his looks, and his top tier kisses. I wanted to be deep inside his mind, to explore the way he works, the way he thinks, the way he loves.

There was nothing stopping me from falling. While he drowned me with his lips, tasted me with his tongue and held me with the warmth of his hands, I was free-falling like the heavy rain from the ink-black sky.

When I felt the first shiver claw my skin, Wolff pulled back, breathless. "Get inside." His voice was purely gravel as he unlocked his car but beneath the hazy look in his eyes, there he was, gentle and concerned. "We don't want you catching a cold."

Sitting myself inside the coziness of his warm leather chairs, I shrugged off my drenched coat, draping it on the back seat. Wolff did the same, leaving both of us in the thin fabric of our shirts.

He unzipped one of his backpacks, handing me a big cotton sweater. "Here, you can wear this."

With shaking hands, I dragged the hem of my shirt over my head, shamelessly revealing the maroon lace bralette I was wearing. Wolff suppressed a groan by biting his lip, but failed when I adjusted the straps, pulling them up to purposely push up my boobs.

Before I could do anything else, Wolff slipped the sweater over my head and hurriedly stretched it down my stomach. "You're such a tease, Mariana." He grunted.

"Sorry." I muttered with a sheepish smile but behind it, I wasn't sorry. I wanted to see his control snap. I needed him to stop holding back.

•••

Nothing could have prepared me for the beauty and unparalleled coziness of the lakeside cabin we've arrived in.

It was all log walls and dark, wooden furnitures. The outside was covered in fairy lights. A circle-shaped jacuzzi sat on the front, just beside a tree wrapped in the same warm-toned fairy lights.

The interior was covered in thick, white covers and puffy throw pillows, tempting me for a cuddle. A fireplace sat in the far end wall, across the living room space.

Everything was perfect. I could melt then and there with how happy I am.

Suddenly, warm arms circled my waist from behind, pulling me flush against a hard chest. "Do you like it?" He murmured, deep voice filling my ear, the sound going straight to the apex of my thighs.

"Wolff, I love it." I leaned back, my head falling on the crook of his neck. "It's so perfect. You're gonna have trouble taking me away from here."

When he laughed, I felt the vibration on his chest and I arched my back, turning my head to capture his lips. He responded instantly, his palm running over my torso and wrapping over the base of my neck.

"Tell me if you're tired." He spoke, mouth lowering to the side of my neck. "I'll stop and tuck you in bed." His other hand slipped under my sweater—his sweater, and cupped me through my bra, the hard point of my nipple too sensitive to his touch.

"I'm not tired," I panted, reaching back and snaking my fingers through his hair. "Are you? You drove for hours."

Wolff licked the column of my neck and I felt my knees go weak. His grip on my neck tightened. "I want nothing right now but to touch you." He breathed and nipped on my ear, driving me crazy every passing second. "And taste you." His hand on my chest traveled down, cupping me through my jeans with one possessive hand and squeezing, making me moan. "And make you come."

Yes. Fuck yes.

"You can do anything you want to do to me," I turned around, holding his intense gaze. "Anything. I'm yours."

I watched as his lids close shut, a deep frown transforming his elated expression to a worried one. "What happens if I can't stop?"

I held his face with both hands, willing him to look at me but he won't. "Then don't." I rest my forehead against his. "Fuck me until you're satisfied."

He released a shaky breath and slowly opened his eyes. Still, he wouldn't meet my steady gaze. "What happens when you can't take it anymore but it's still not enough for me?"

I sighed. "Look at me." He finally did and I saw nothing but the vulnerability in them. I wanted to reach out and pluck every bit of sadness in him. "I'm not scared, Wolff. I don't want you to hold back. I can take it."

He frowned, pained. "You're a virgin, Mariana. You'll be sore the first time and if I—" He stopped and pulled back as well. He ran a hand over his face, then his hair, and pivoted on his feet. "I'll grab our bags from the car. Go rest up first."

I sank in the L-shaped leather sofa, holding back my frustration and the cold ache enveloping my chest. I just lost him again. He was once again overwhelmed with his fear of hurting me. No matter what I said, he still retreated.

Sighing, I let my head fall back on the backrest of the sofa.

I guess I'd have to be a good girl and wait for my wolf to take his claim. After all, we have an entire week alone in this cabin.