16: Siblings

"Since when did we become closer?"
Heejin asked Y/N, while they're walking on their way home.

Y/N shrugged, "I don't know, we're just acring like the usual right?, I wonder why Chaewon said that"

Flashback

Earlier while they were eating, Chaewon suddenly asked them them: "Are you two dating?" which Heejin denied immediately.

"No, we're not"

"Well, I guess it's just my hunch, but you both seem to get closer and closer as time goes by, no one will think you're just friends" Chaewon continued eating.

End of flashback

"Hmm, then should we distance with each other?" Heejin moved a little to her side, now having a 0.5 meter gap with Y/N.

"Anyways I'm worried about Chaewon, I hope that news of stalkers and assaults aren't true" Heejin said, while playing with her hair.

-- Chaewon's POV

Just two more stop and it's our area already, my phone rang  and it's Jihoon that's calling me.

"Chaewon-ah, where are you?"

"Two more stopovers, you know where is it right?"

"Want me to wait for you there?"

"No need, you have to sleep right? Don't mind me, I can go home alone, I'm not a kid who's afraid of stalkers or what"

Jihoon yawned at the phone "Alright, see ya later, I'll cook something for you"

"Okay, bye"

Then I ended the call, placing my phone back in my pocket. *Sigh* it feels nice having a walk at this cold night.

But as I entered the shortcut, I think I heard some foot steps behind me, I looked back but there's no one.

Is this what Jihoon warned me about?
The stalkers? Oh my gosh, I know I'm beautiful but please..... Not this time.

If I go back and went to the streets to go home, it'll take me another 15 minutes to get back home, and I'm lazy, sadly.

But I can't turn back now, who knows what the person following me will do?
I'm scared, really really scared. I hope my brother's beside me right now, I want to cry but I just can't.

His footsteps were getting louder and louder, meaning that he's only a few steps near me, I walked faster and faster but....

.
.
.
.

He just did the same.

--
"Alright, the Kimchi stew is done" Jihoon said as he placed the food on the table, tasting it a little.

Jihoon sighed, waiting for Chaewon to come home, she's taking much more longer than usual and it's starting to make him worry.

Sitting around won't do anything, so Jihoon called Y/N, but he's not answering, he must be sleeping right now.

He also wants to call Heejin but they are not that close and it will be awkward, so his last choice was to walk outside, going the route where they always pass through.

Jihoon's POV

Oh, that's Chaewon walking with- wait, is someone following her?

The person looks harmless but, who knows?

Since Chaewon is now on sight, I immediately ran through her direction, greeting her loudly so that the person who follows her will hear it and hopefully be startled.

"Chaewon-ah" I approached her with a warm smile, placing my hand on her arms and looking at her straight in the eye.

Then Chaewon lifted her head, starig back at me, "O- Oppa?" she said weakly, like she's about to cry any minute.

I watched as the person behind her walked past me, staying on my guard in case he do something but good thing, he didn't do something, maybe he just lives around here and I'm exaggerating.

"Hmm, this is the first time you called me Oppa, you must be scared too, don't worry I'm here" I tried to calm her down.

"No, I'm not scared, it's just-" Chaewon stopped talking, because she's sobbing already.

"Okay" I teased her as I pretended to walk away but she suddenly pulled me and clung into my arm, clutching it tightly.

Poor little sister, she must be really scared, and also the news that I told her in the morning about stalkers were only made up by me which means it's not true. Now I feel bad for her for lying and now she's crying due to her fear.

It's fun to tease Chaewon but sometimes I feel bad In the end, sadly. Because I really have a soft side for her, as siblings should be don't you think so?

As I walked with her until we reach our home, she's still clinging into me, so I told her that we're here and she immediately let go, how cute.

"I'm sorry, Chaewon" I apologized to her for making her scared, I don't know that she will take that seriously though.

"It's fine, wait is that Kimchi stew?" Chaewon threw her bag into the couch and went straight into the kitchen, good thing the food's still warm and it doesn't turn cold.

"Let's eat then"

--

"I had so much fun today" Yerim told Ken, after taking her to her house with his Motorcycle.

"Me too, I had a nice day, so...... when will we meet again? Tomorrow?" Ken waited for her answer.

"Sure!" Yerim answered without hesitation, "But when will you stop calling me Lucy? We're now in Korea"

Ken sulked, "Oh, sorry, but this is a long habit of mine, I don't think I can change it"

"It's fine" Yerim tapped his back.

"Bye, drive safe, call me when you got home okay? Wait let me put my number on your phone" Yerim entered her number on Ken's phone, then gave it back to him after.

"Mmm, bye" Ken started his motorcycle and drove away as fast as lightning.

-- Y/N's POV

OH SHOOT! I completely forgot about our report, I'm the one supposed to pass it to our teacher, and not Heejin.

Gosh, why didn't I remember it when it's the reason why Jihoon didn't come with us? And the deadline is until 12 midnight, which is 1 hour from now.

I took a deeo breath and brought out my laptop, opening microsoft word and putting our report calmly.

First Week Report

Our week went well, since we were already close since the beginning, but I feel that we still get closer and closer with each other, and I think that there's no limit on how close we can be. Heejin got sick just a few days after classes started, and I took care of her like a kid.

She's really a good friend to me, so I always do my best to be a good friend to her too! I tried to help her with everything I can, of course there's this feeling that I can't understand sometimes, I don't know if it's because we're friends or I'm starting to feel something for her.

-

Okay, that's all, our teacher's the only one who will read it so even if you put some confession there, your partner won't know it, but I never knew that this project was easy, maybe because we hang out a lot?