29: Memory

"What's all these commotion about?" Hyejoo thought as she removed her eye cover and peeked below the bed.
"And did someone really die because of Chaewon?"

After Hyejoo took a peek below, she saw Sooyoung who's standing while holding Chaewon's blanket on her hand like she forcefully pulled it from her.

"Uhm, I'm trying to sleep here, can you please settle down a bit?" Hyejoo said frankly, turning on her side and covering her self with blanket while listening to their conversation. Of course she likes to listen to gossips.

"Yeah Hyejoo, this is nothing" Chaewon said.

"Sure, sleep well" Sooyoung said after.

And then she whispered on Chaewon's ear: "Follow me outside, I want to tell you something"

Chaewon wants to decline but she's too scared to say it so she had no choice but to follow her outside, heading to the campfire near the sea.

-

"Walk faster!" Sooyoung yelled at Chaewon as the latter is intentionally walking slowly.

Chaewon took a step backwards after she yelled, with her knees trembling in fear.

So Sooyoung grabbed Chaewon by her  hair as they walked together. "It hurts, stop it" Chaewon was trying her best to shove the older girl's hands but in the end, it was her that suffered as she just pulled her hair harder.

"My brother, died.....last week" Sooyoung said sadly, freeing Chaewon's hair from her tight grip.

Chaewon didn't bother saying a word, standing there still in front of Sooyoung who's starting to get emotional because of her brother.

"And why does it concern me?" Chaewon said while crossing her arms. "It's not like I told him to try killing himself am I right? But you still blamed me for-"

"Shut it" Sooyoung interrupted, "If only you didn't reject him and embarass him, he would be with me today"

Flashback

Almost 3 years ago, Chaewon's a bright and talkative girl which girls and boys from her school will do anything just to date her.

"Park Chaewon, can I date you" are the common phrases that she will hear every single day. During that time, she's still not that close with Y/N and Heejin, they're casually talking with each other when they met but not that close yet.

There was a student name Ha Sunho, the brother of Ha Sooyoung, and also a year older than them making him her senior.

And he's obsessed with her, and will always do anything just to get her attention.

He will fill her locker with flowers and chocolates, pay for her food in the canteen and will act like a protective boyfriend even if they have no relationship. (Jihoon still hasn't transferred at the school that time)

-A week of Sunho following Chaewon around -
Chaewon entered the classroom and threw her bag at the side, exhaling deeply. "That jerk will annoy me again" Chaewon heard the door open so she took her earphone and placed it on her ear even if there's no music, just to make it look like she's busy.

"Chaewon, when will you start talking to me? Hmm?" Then Sunho removed one side of Chaewon's earphone and listened to it but there's no music.

"You're pretending to be busy when me, your senior is talking to you?" Sunho scoffed. "Aish" Sunho raised his hand like he's going to hit Chaewon.

Chaewon immediately defended her self but Sunho pulled his hand away and started bursting out laughing. "I'm just joking, don't be afraid" Sunho carressed Chaewon's face while smiling like a creep.