24: When You Lost A Friend

Of all the things that the students hates, for sure it is that the classes are starting again and their break is finally over.

Yerim, Jihoon and Chaewon including Ken, all got out from the same bus, since Ken's motorcycle has been acting up again or he just feels lonely when he's riding alone, not getting to talk with anyone.

"Oh? Isn't that Heejin and Y/N" Ken said as he opened the window, making the strong winds enter the bus. "Hey, close it" Jihoon complained as a strong breeze suddenly struck him.

"Why? They're always together when they go to school" Chaewon looked to her side, "It's normal-" then Chaewon opened the window again, and she saw that they're holding hands.

Chaewon woked Yerim up"Yerim, look" as she pointed at Heejin and
Y/N.

"Why are you reacting like it's something new? They already act like a couple even if they're still not in a relationship" Yerim stood up and grabbed her bag, preparing to get off the bus.

"Why is your motorcycle always acting up? You should have it fixed" Jihoon told Ken as they got off the bus.

Ken scoffed "I don't know, at least I got to be with her" then he looked at Yerim.

"Tsk" Jihoon shakes his head. Ken really love teasing him especially if it's about Yerim.

-

It's really unusual because most of the time, Heejin always greet them even if they're in the bus, but today she just ignored them.

As they entered the school gate, Chaewon and Ken went straight to their classroom while Jihoon and Yerim chose to be left, as their classes start more earlier.

"Whoah, well good morning you two" Yerim smiled at Heejin and Y/N catching them off guard as she hid herself and suprised the two.

After seeing Yerim, Heejin and Y/N immediately let go of each other's hand and they moved a meter between each other, making it more obvious. It's not like they're going to do something to them right?

"Why? Just hold hands as usual" Yerim teased as she looked at them suspiciously, but deep inside, she's very happy knowing that her friend is now in a relationship, and with the person that she likes her to end up with.

Jihoon cleared his throat "Since when?"

"Hmm, just last week" Y/N answered while placing his arms around Heejin's shoulder, walking together as they chat.

"It seems like we won't be hanging out often now" Jihoon pouted as he looked enviously at at Heejin and Y/N.

"Don't look so gloomy" Yerim patted Jihoon's back.

-

"How's your vacation? Did you enjoy it?" Their teacher asked and the students answered Yes, although they're just forced to agree.

"As your Teacher, I'm sad to say that we only have a few months left before we part ways with each other and I'm sure many of you are really close friends already"

After their 1 week break ends, the classes resume with a 2 week time before their fourth exams. After it's done, the only one left is their finals.
Where it will determine some of the student's future, either they will pass or not.

Although many students are itching for classes to end, it's not the same for Y/N and Heejin and that's what their friends worry about too.

Yerim's aware of the fact that Heejin is planning to go to Germany after she graduated high school, at first, Yerim disagrees at the two of them dating since she know what will happen in the end. But seeing her friend happy makes her forget it.

Jihoon also thought of this possibility, that's why he never bothered to think of telling his feelings to Yerim, he thinks that she's too good for him and he doesn't want to feel alone after she leave to Australia.

Jihoon's trying his very best to remove his feelings for her in his heart, which is giving him a hard time.

So for the two best friends, Jihoon and Y/N, no matter what choice they make, it's going to have consequences.

But if you're in their shoes, then what will you choose? Keep your feelings to yourself so the other one won't feel bad leaving you? Or will you confess and leave no regrets? Or spend the rest of your time together having fun?

Timeskip: A week later

Ken's POV

Damn, this is so annoying, why does my motorcycle keep on getting problems? I just changed the oil recently.

Since I'm bored, I called Lucy to ask her out for lunch, she seems too stressed for the upcoming exams and I must cheer her up.

"Oh? You called, something the matter?" Being greeted by her cheerful voice always make my day brighter. I won't deny it, I like her since the first day I met her and I don't care if it's infatuation or not.

"Are you free right now? Want to have lunch with me?" I asked since I have a restaurant in my mind, my motorcycle is acting up but I think I can manage to pick her from her house.

"I'm finishing my studies but, you're an exception, I'll wait for you here" Lucy said, I can hear the papers ruffling on her line.

"I'll get going" I said, preparing my things.

"Take care, drive safely and don't fight with other drivers" Lucy said before ending the call, it's what she always say to me and it's like a thing that keep me safe from troubles.

While I'm on the road, I didn't notice that I'm already at 90kph, so I pulled the brakes to slow down as there's a stoplight ahead.

Son of A- my brakes are not working
I tried squeezing the brakes as hard as I could but nothing's happening, theres no way I can stop this even if I jump off.

"Choi Lucy"

-

After an hour of waiting, Yerim's still waiting for Ken, "There's no way he will be involved in a accident" Yerim thought as she walked back and forth.

While she waits for him, Yerim's phone rang, and it's Ken calling, making Yerim feel relieved for a while. Not until she heard the voice.

"Hello is this Ms. Choi Lucy?" A female voice asked Yerim, calling using Ken's phone.

"Y-yes and why?" Yerim started shaking in fear of what the person will say. "The owner of this phone was involved in a crash, it looks like his brake is malfunctioning.

Yerim dropped her phone, but she picked it up immediately, "W- where is he?" Tears started falling out of Yerim's eye, her voice is starting to tremble.

After knowing the hospital, she grabbed her purse and waited patiently for a taxi to pass by, heading straight to the hospital to visit.

Unfortunately, Yerim lost her older brother on a road accident while driving a sports car which lost its brakes while racing. Memories started rushing back to her, remembering all those painful memories once again.

After reaching the private hospital, Yerim rushed to the emergency room and to the beds. "Is there a man named Ken Lee here?" Yerim asked the nurse at the counter which led her to a bed, swaying the curtains on the side.

Ken's situation is critical as a Doctor came and explains, his knees were severely injured, especially the right side. And he also hit his head but good thing he has a helmet, reducing the shock that he received. Not only that, his ribs were fractured so it will take some time before he recover.

Yerim tried calming her self as the doctor told her everything, "Please get him a room, I'll settle the payment" Yerim wiped her tear as she go to the counter, paying for the emergency operation and room.

When it comes to the people she cares the most, Yerim will do anything for them.