26: The Big Sister You Need

Ken's POV

What's this, am I dead already? But why? I can't move a single muscle from my body neither speak, I can sense that someone is beside me, but who's that person?

No....no....no, I don't want this
I can completely think of different things but I can't hear anything nor open my eyes to see what's around me, If I remember clearly, I'm just riding my motorcycle and was about to pick Lucy at her place.

Did something happen? Oh I remember, I'm overspeeding and my brakes started malfunctioning and I can't stop in time until I hit something. Other than that, I'm completely blank.

Right now, everything around me is pitch black. I'm thankful that I'm still alive but I'm also worried what my condition will be, can I ride my motorcycle again? Can I see 'her' face again?

Okay, let's just stay like this for a few more days and take a good rest, My friends must be worried right now.
I wonder if they're the one who's with me right now, I can really sense someone's presence although I can't tell if it's someone I know.

Please, I don't want to be paralyzed for the rest of my life, everytime that I have consciousness, I'll try moving my body.

-Third Person's POV

While Heejin was sleeping at the Guardian's bed, Y/N was sitting beside Ken, reading a book to help pass the time, it's already morning and the sun is starting to rise, having no sleep is really bad for his health but he must do it for his friend. But Y/N thought he can sleep anytime in the morning.

Every friend he has, Y/N considered them as family.

"Alright, Book finished" Y/N closed the book and left it at the table,

"I wonder when will the author publish the part two? I'm excited to know how their relationship went after the girl left to go abroad" Y/N said to himself.

Still, Heejin was sound asleep, the bed must be very comfortable for her to sleep like that, as she keeps on rubbing her face on the mattress, even if she's asleep. Must've been a sleeping habit of hers, it's cute.

Y/N went to Heejin's side for a while to make sure that she's asleep, carressing her head gently, even before, doing it makes Heejin sleep more better and there are even times that she's having a nightmare when they were still kids and this method works.

-3 days later

During the past days, the five friends have been on a rotation on staying at the hospital, but this time, Chaewon was the one staying with Ken, the others have to catch up to their studies but since Chaewon is Ken's classmate, their teacher gave her a special exemption.

Chaewon walked around the hospital for a bit, looking around to find some amusement, and also to get a coffee from the vending machine.

After finishing the cup of coffee, Chaewon went back to Ken's room and she saw something surprising, Ken's hand was formed into a fist.

Chaewon quickly went beside Ken and held his hand, "Thank you" Chaewon mumbled, this is such a great news for her, but especially for Yerim, Then she called the first Doctor she saw that passed by in front of their room. Good thing it was one of Ken's attending doctors.

She told the female Doctor what happened and she immediately checked on Ken, "Mr Lee, if you can hear me, please move your pointer finger.

It's the first thing that the Doctor checked since based on his record, his head received a small impact due to the crash, if not because of his helmet, his head should be crushed by now. But the sad thing is that the impact om his head affected his hearing temporarily, but they don't know when it will come back.

Maybe sooner or later?

As the Doctor repeat her words, Ken didn't move his finger an inch at all, just as she expected. "This was expected, his hearing still hasn't come back yet, but he can now move his fingers which is a good thing" The Doctor told Chaewon.

He can also feel too, since he responded when Chaewon touched his hand.

"I'll come back every hour to check, now if you will excuse me" The Doctor bowed and left the room, checking on her other patients then Chaewon bowed back and thanked her.

"It looks like it will take some time"
Chaewon sighed as she went back to her seat, finding something to do to make her busy.

-

After the day that Ken was admitted in the hospital, Yerim's always on her house, not bothering to go outside nor communicate with her friends even on her phone, once she saw a dialer's name, Yerim immediately rejects the call and turn her phone off.

After Jihoon took Yerim for a walk, it was the last time they talked with each other, she already stopped interacting with all of them as soon as she got home, worrying everyone.

So as they (Heejin, Y/N, Jihoon and Chaewon) talked about her, Heejin volunteered to visit and stay at Yerim's place for a few days until she recovers. Since Heejin knows a past that no one else knows aside from her and Yerim.

Heejin then brought some foods first. Being busy in school is really hard, she needs to study to get good grades and while doing that, Heejin forgot to pay much attention to Yerim, especially when she started dating Y/N

For sure, Heejin felt guilty but she knows that Yerim's not the kind of person to hold grudges.

After arriving at Yerim's house, Heejin tried calling her phone a few times.

After failing, Heejin got no choice but to do what she's good at. It's barging inside other people's home so she texted Yerim to warn her. (In a good way)

Yerim immediately knew who the sender was so she went downstairs and opened the door, of course she loves Heejin the most.

"I thought I'm going to kick the door" Heejin joked before entering inside, leaving her shoes at the entrance and getting straight to the fridge to put the groceries.

"Thanks for visiting......Unnie" Yerim said. After hearing those words, Heejin approached Yerim and cupped her face, checking if she had a fever but it's not. "You called me Unnie, you must be sick, but you aren't" Heejin said.

"I don't know how it feels to almost lose someone but I'll try to comfort you as best as I can" Heejin rubbed Yerim's back, "Let's eat the chicken wings I bought earlier"

Yerim hugged Heejin and rubbed her cheek on her face. "I love you unnie"

"Me too" Heejin hugged her back, she really is a Big Sister that you will definitely wish for.