Chapter 25 - Gone

Principal Nezu walked into the classroom of 1-A and everyone turned their heads in anticipation. Worried faces were seen all over the room and a few students held onto each other.

It's been two weeks since they rescued Bakugo from the leagues hideout. Their white haired friend was nowhere to be found and there's been an intense search going on for her. Up until last night.

"As Mr Aizawa told you, there's been an... update in the case of your classmate, Mikio. I am only sharing this with your class today because you should be the first ones to know..."

He took a deep breath, trying to keep it together for the sake of his students.

"I'm so sorry, but I have failed you as your principal... her body was found last night in an alleyway. We don't know for how long it's been there yet but... she's gone. Again, I'm..." he took another deep breath as he watched his students hearts break right in front of him.

"Sorry..." he stepped out of the room and flicked away any tears that threatened to run down his small face.

"G-gone? He means she's in the hospital... r-right?" Midoriya had tears glossing his eyes as he asked that question, knowing damn well the answer.

Bakugo flipped his table and stomped out, not letting anyone see him cry. But his classmates heard his screams right outside the classroom.

"I-it can't be... she can't be gone..." Momo fell onto her knees and let her tears run down her cheeks as she looked into nothing.

"I'm sorry..." Aizawa said, almost whispering. As their teacher, their mentor, he had to keep it together. But he wanted to cry his eyes out just as much as they did in this moment.

"...A ceremony will be held tomorrow night at the city hall as well, it would mean a lot if you all could come..." he turned his back to the class as tears hit the floor.

"Class dismissed..."

- - -

"W-what do you mean she's gone? Like on another camp?" Kai asked in a shaky voice as he gripped onto his desk.

"No, honey... not like that..."

- - -

(A/N: Song to listen to; Photograph (slowed) by Ed Sheeran <3 )

And there they were. Her friends crying at her ceremony. None of them could begin to fathom what was going on. Guilt and despair filled the atmosphere in that cold night as the principle finished his speech.

It wasn't some sick joke like they'd all hoped for. She was really gone.

"Now if you all could get out your lanterns, raise them up to the sky and remember our dear Zella.  Not for what she could've been, but for what she already was. A hero."

The beautiful night sky was now bright with the lanterns released by the city of Musutafu. Iida took a deep breath before going up on the stage.

"The student behind me is the class representative, who's going to say a few words from the rest of the class about our fallen."

"Good evening. My name is Tenya Iida and as stated, I'm the class representative." he took a shaky breath.

"Zella's death affected us all greatly. She was a great friend..."

"Ochaco, if I ever see you cry again so help me God I'll beat up whoever got you this sad. Just say the word."

"Pfft. Pathetic. Who sits and cries in the common room anyways?"

"People who aren't insecure about their crying face. Pull your damn pants up and go cry in your room like you usually do."

Bakugo shut up real fast, Sero and Kirishima in tears on the floor.