Chapter 9 - Morning workouts

After All Might defeated the beast, the other villains ran away like cowards. We had finally gotten some help from the other teachers and we headed back to school. Luckily, no one was seriously messed up.

Well, except for Mr Aizawa.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

"I was stuck in the Landslide zone, you wouldn't believe how strong Mikio and Todoroki are!"

I looked to the icy boy on my left with panic written all over my face.

"Did you know she was there? I could've frozen her!" we both say at the same time. I couldn't help but giggle afterwards, he's usually so calm.

Is that... a smile I see? I can't believe he's smiling at me! Ugh, I can already hear Aunt Kiyo and mom talking about this if I say anything about him...

The school sent us back to our regular homes.

"Hey, are you home yet?"

"I heard what happened, I'm coming over. So the question is, are you home?"

"No, but I'll be there soon. Meet me there."

"Alright."

- - -

"And then All Might finished it off with a huge punch and yelled GO BEYOND, PLUS ULTRA and we literally were blown away. I had to hold onto a boy in my class." I told Hitoshi, mom and Kai at the dinner table about what happened today.

"Honey, are you sure you're alright? This sounds-"

"I'm fine, mom. Really. It honestly made me feel a lot more motivated to become a hero and it showed me what being the best means. I'll carry on dads legacy and become the greatest hero the worlds ever seen!" I stood up and held my fist up dramatically. I looked down to see Kai with the biggest smile on his face and a glow in his eyes.

"And you'll be second best, Kai." I teased.

"Ouch, I think that place should've gone to me at least." Hitoshi said and started to pick up the plates.

"You'll beeee... hm. 5th."

"5th? That hurts, Zella!"

"Okay, okay. In all seriousness you'll be a great hero... but 9 others will be better so 10th." I laughed as I picked up the rest of the plates.

"You're breaking my heart." he put them down by the sink and dramatically looked away.

Kai and mom laughed and helped put a few things away as Hitoshi and I did the dishes. He kept spraying water on me but I still had a tiny bit of Todorokis power to use on him.

I froze his left leg and he started to panic.

"Zella! Unfreeze him."

"Sorry, sorry." I laughed and rolled my eyes, trying my best to use the left side to melt it. I saw Todoroki doing it earlier on me, so I thought I'd give it a go.

"Who's quirk was that?"

"A guy in my class, Shoto Todoroki. Very strong."

"Todoroki?" Kai chimed in.

"Yeah, why? Do you know him?"

"Do you have a picture of him?"

"I have the class photo?" I held up my phone and zoomed in on Todoroki. Kais face lit up like a kid in a candy store.

"He has to be Enji Todorokis son! Endeavours son! That is so cool, you have the best class!" Kai jumped up and down in excitement.

So I was right about him being the son of a pro hero. That must mean that his left side is fire, since that's Endeavours quirk. I wonder why he doesn't use it though...

"Oh, yeah Hitoshi. You never told me how it's been going in the general studies course." I turned back to my purple haired friend.

"It's because there isn't much to tell. It's very basic, not a lot to do. But the sports festival is coming up, I'll have the chance to show off my quirk there and get transferred to the hero course."

"I'll be rooting for you. How cool would it be if we were in the same class again?" I splashed a little water on his face to cheer him up, no need to feel stressed out.

"Speaking of the same class, Katsuki made it into the hero course. And someone else too, Izuku."

"I always knew Katsuki would make it there, he's insane. But Izuku? Isn't he quirkless?"

"Well not anymore. I haven't asked him about it yet, I'll catch him by the dorms tomorrow and do it then."

"Yeah. But good for him, I know what a huge hero geek he is. Haven't seen the little dude all summer." Hitoshi chuckled.

- - -

The next day

It's 14.57 and Aizawa told us to be at our dorms at 15.00 latest. I jogged the last bit over there and found my classmates just hanging out by the sofas. It was definitely weird seeing them in normal clothes instead of school uniforms.

"Hey, Mikio! Over here!" Mina called me over and I happily went.

"Hey there, what are you guys up to?" I gave Mina and Kirishima hugs from behind the sofa. Then I hopped on and sat between them, resting my head on Minas shoulder.

"Nothing much, didn't come here that long ago." Sero answered.

"Then what's he so mad about?" I pointed at Katsuki who was sitting on the sofa next to the one I was sitting on.

"What? SHUT UP YOU DAMN NERD, NOBODY ASKED YOU!"

Some laughed at his outburst, some jumped back.

"How are you guys liking the dorm system so far?" Mina asked.

"I am loving that I can get some more sleep now. I literally wake up 20 minutes before class starts." I said.

"I feel the same way! No waking up early to take the train anymore." Sero continued.

"I'd rather use that time for training. It's much easier when you live 2 minutes away from the gym, right?" Kirishima laughed sweetly.

"I get what you mean, but how can you do morning workouts? It's impossible." I whined.

"Heck no! It's so refreshing, you should try it with me sometime." he blushed a second later, thinking he embarrassed himself or something.

"I'd love to, Kirishima." I smiled.

- - -

"When I said I'd love to, I didn't think you meant the next morning." I yawned as we walked into the empty gym.

"It's gonna be fun, trust me." he smiled back. We put down our water bottles and tied our hair up to keep it out of our faces. Cute. He should do that more often.

"I've been meaning to ask you, Mikio. What is your quirk?" the red headed boy asked me as he stretched his arms.

"How about I show you?"

I stretched my arm out and touched his shoulder with my finger, then hardened the whole hand and held it in front of his face.

"Y-you can manifest other peoples quirks? Like a, uhm- what's the word?"

"Copying?"

"Yeah, copying. Is your quirk copy?"

"Yes, yes it is." I smiled, he seemed so excited to have figured it out.

"That's so manly! How does it work?"

"Like a game. I copy the quirk, I use the quirk, the quirk is gone, I have to copy the quirk again." I said as we moved to the carpeted area.

"D-do you think that... maybe we could, uh..."

"You want me to spar with you using your quirk?" I smiled.

"Yes, please." he mumbled.

I hardened my upper body and arms and locked eyes with him.

"Come at me then, redhead."

"I've finally met my match."