Chapter 4 - Happy first days

The greenette turned his head around and looked flustered as hell. I had the absolute biggest smile on my face, I must've looked like an idiot.

He was talking to another familiar face. It was Uraraka, as sweet as ever.

"Z-Zella? Hi!" he stood up and gave me a hug, he seemed to be just as relieved as I was.

"I haven't seen you all summer! How are you? And look at you at U.A! We have so much to catch up on-"

Before I could say anything else, a tired looking man stepped into the classroom making us all take our seats immediately after he said that he was our teacher. I took mine in the back, right next to a boy with split red and white hair. I gave him a smile but he didn't return one. Cold.

Our teacher, Mr Aizawa turned a projector on and pointed to the screen. We could see all of our names on it, and a number next to it.

"These are the results from this class and where you ranked in the entrance exam. I am showing you this because I need you all to be reminded as to why you are here at this school. 41 out of hundreds into the hero course. Get up and get your gym uniforms, we are going out."

"But Mr Aizawa, we're going to miss orientation!"

I kinda just zoned out after that. I looked at the screen and it was one thing to hear someone say that I got in first place, but to see it like that was something else. I felt so proud of myself. For fucks sake I even got more points than the hothead over there. I'll have to use this against him one day, I smiled evilly.

- - -

I was in the locker room and just like in the entrance exams, I found a spot right next to Uraraka.

"Hey, Mikio! I saw that you ranked first in the entrance exams, nice work!"

"Thank you! I didn't see you in the locker room afterwards, did something happen?"

"Oh. Well, I was trapped in some rubble but it's all good." then she blushed. Hm.

"Alright. At least we're both here." I smiled at her.

"Happy first days, Mikio." she smiled back.

- - -

Aizawa had explained to us what we would be doing today. I was pumped to see if my training would pay off since we were going to use our quirks however we'd like. I'll have to look out for anyone with a quirk that could help me...

"DIE!!!"

I couldn't help but giggle as he threw the ball. He never changed. People may hate his cocky attitude, and I do too, but I have to admit that it's inspiring to see someone stay so true to themselves. Even if it is this way. Also, I've known him almost my entire life so I'm used to it.

First up for me was the race. I didn't need to copy anyone's quirk for this, my lightning would help me go as fast as I needed.

I was up against...

"Hey loser, do that thing you did at the entrance exams."

"Aw, you're looking out for me Kacchan." I teased.

"Shut up." he mumbled and walked away.

I was up against a pink girl who just smiled at me before Aizawa gave us a signal.

Earlier, I saw this guy with an engine quirk. He went very fast towards the finish line, and I thought I could use that. Showing all of my strengths on the first day can't be good, so I decided to keep my lightning to myself.

The engines appeared on my calves and I think my classmate flinched a little at the start. I swear it felt like I was flying towards that finish line, damn.

"3.08 seconds, Mikio."

"Alright!" Damn, 0.04 seconds slower.

"Good job, Zella!" Izuku greeted me by the finish line.

"Thank... you." I said as I tried to catch my breath.

I gave him a smile and we stood with the others to watch the other races. Next up was that boy who sits next to me.

Still got that icy look on his face...

He created ice and started to slide towards the finish line. Kinda ironic that that's his quirk.

Wow, look at him go!

As he went back to the rest of the class he had a little cold coming out of his breath. I wanted to say something, maybe congratulate him. But he didn't seem like the chatty type...

Instead, I just gave him a slight smile. But of course he didn't return it.

400kg on the grip strength test. I was a little freaked out by having a whole lot of arms but you gotta do what you gotta do. Infinity on the ball throwing one, using Uraraka's quirk. Katsuki's quirk, which I already knew how to use well, to clear the sandbox. I basically used the quirk most fit for the test.

Piece of cake.

"Woah! You've got like, every quirk. Super manly." I was greeted by a red haired boy with shark teeth. He gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen and I honestly felt so motivated by his praise.

"I'm Eijiro Kirishima." he stuck his hand out.

"Zella Mikio. Nice to meet you!" I shook his hand and I think I just made my first friend in this class.

When everyone was done, Mr Aizawa gathered the class in one place and showed us our rankings.

1st Zella Mikio
2nd Momo Yaoyorozu
3rd Shoto Todoroki
...
20th Izuku Midoriya

Aw, poor Izuku. I'll have to convince our teacher not to expell him cause he deserves to be here more than anyone!

"Nobody's getting expelled. I just said that so everyone would give it their all today."

Never mind.

- - -

I chatted with a few of the girls in the locker room for a bit before I headed out. Turns out, Yaoyorozu got accepted by recommendations, no wonder she did so well today. Her quirk was really cool too.

Other than that, she was actually quite nice. Someone I instantly clicked with. Then there's Tsu who's just so funny to me. The way she just speaks her mind is hilarious and refreshing. I've been told that I'm too honest myself, so talking to her felt good.

As I headed out of the school building, I found Katsuki waiting for me.

"Finally! You take way too long."

"You've known me for a good 12 years and now you decide to complain?"

"Whatever."

The two of us then went ahead to walk home together after a long, first day.

"Why didn't you use your lightning today?"

"Just thought it'd be bad to show all of my strengths the first day."

"Wasn't that the point of the test?"

"Yeah, but my copying quirk was more than enough. That's why I ranked first, again, and you didn't." I teased him and he rolled his eyes.

"What'd you think about our classmates?"

"I'm so confused as to why the little nerd is there. Dumbass won't say anything about it either."

"Izuku? Yeah, I'm a bit confused too. But I was talking about the other guys."

"In my opinion, not a single one of them have control over their quirk. Over time maybe they will, but they're far from it now."

"Why are you acting like you have full control over yours?"

"I don't. But at least I'm way ahead of them."

"And I'm way ahead of you." I smiled.

"Shut up!" he put his hand up to flick my forehead but I dodged and bolted to my house.

"See you tomorrow!" I waved him goodbye while running and giggling.